Has anyone sailed on Celebrity Millennium recently?

jbinpa

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

Shirley

I was only able to buy it in St Maarten and bring it home as part of our duty free allowance. I paid USD $65 for a 1 litre bottle. It runs CAD $89.99 for a 750 ml bottle at the LCBO.

Randy

Thx Randy, something I will have to look into since summer is eventually coming at home.

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

Shirley

I was only able to buy it in St Maarten and bring it home as part of our duty free allowance. I paid USD $65 for a 1 litre bottle. It runs CAD $89.99 for a 750 ml bottle at the LCBO.

Randy

Ron Zacapa Solaris 23 is  $49.99 for 750 ml at my local ABC.  XO is $119. 

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Ron Zacapa Solaris 23 is  $49.99 for 750 ml at my local ABC.  XO is $119. 

Wish we had those prices in Ontario. It was still worthwhile for me to buy the 1 litre bottle for about the same price (in Canadian Dollars) as what we pay in Ontario for the 750ml bottle.

Randy

36 minutes ago, If only said:

Thx Randy, something I will have to look into since summer is eventually coming at home.

It’s such a nice sipping rum. At least we can get it here. Brugal 1888 (another nice sipping rum) is not even available at the LCBO.

Randy

31 minutes ago, Schmoe38 said:

Wish we had those prices in Ontario. It was still worthwhile for me to buy the 1 litre bottle for about the same price (in Canadian Dollars) as what we pay in Ontario for the 750ml bottle.

I do not disagree at all.  I have a liter bottle here that I purchased a few years ago in St. Martin. I watch my local store for sales and pick up a bottle or two when I can. 

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We are signed up for the Food and Wine Paring Workshop but have not signed up for the Wines of the World.  We did this on a previous cruise and I liked it but my DW not so much.  She's a fan of sweet whites and there did not seem to be any of those offered.  Ours was five or six stations, each representing a different country/region, and a red and white win for each.  I hope you enjoy yours and am anxious to hear how it goes. 

Wines of the world was fun but not what I expected. The group was large (well over 50 people) and there was no introduction of what the wines were. Only the names of the servers at each of 3 stations were announced, that they each had 2 whites and 2 reds and that we had about an hour. Then it was basically a free for all—“Drivers start your engines”. The servers tried to describe what they were pouring but with 20+ empty glasses being thrust out by thirsty guests at each station, it was tough to follow along. I wouldn’t recommend doing it. 

We disembark in the morning. I’ll have time to put together some final thoughts tomorrow as we spend one more day in San Juan before flying home on Sunday. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this picture of tonight’s sunset.

683A3E9F-78C2-4AF0-8901-D9055C734296.thumb.jpeg.0fde449167e808f31c4308caae6547e4.jpeg

• Like 6

On 3/31/2023 at 10:31 PM, RichYak said:

We disembark in the morning. I’ll have time to put together some final thoughts tomorrow as we spend one more day in San Juan before flying home on Sunday. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this picture of tonight’s sunset.

Once again, I thank you for putting up with as well as answering my numerous questions.  

I trust your cruise was as enjoyable as it seemed from these post and I hope you had a safe and pleasant trip home. 

As promised, some final thoughts.

Disembarkation via the Retreat was a breeze. After breakfast, we killed some time in the lounge. We were in no hurry as we were a short taxi ride from the hotel which likely would not have our room ready at such an early hour.

When we decided to leave, the concierges walked us out the door by the bar and the security station was literally right there. We scanned our sea pass cards and crossed the gangway where, of course, Andrea the hotel director was there to say good bye. Omnipresent to the very end.

I think the Retreat Concierges, Briton and Eve, were the best I've encountered. In the past, we've been greeted by a friendly smile as we've entered the lounges on other Celebrity ships, but they quickly go back to whatever it was they were doing on their computer screens. Briton and Eve were far more engaging and I told them so. They were also interested in our ideas on how to do even better. This was truly a dynamic duo.

As I write this, I realize that I never once set foot in the Sky Lounge this cruise. That's neither good nor bad, just an observation. We also made little to no use of the buffet. Somewhat unusual for us but it just sort of worked out that way.

Overall, this was a fantastic cruise. We splurged on an upper suite so we were set up for success regardless, and Millennium didn't disappoint. The cabin itself is lovely, though not without it's quirks. What should be armrests on the sofa are shoulder height, blocking access to the drink I have sitting on the side table. Things like that. Nothing major, just head-scratchers.

Anyway, it's good to be home. There's no place like it.

Edited by RichYak
clarity
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

I think the Retreat Concierges, Briton and Eve, were the best I've encountered. In the past, we've been greeted by a friendly smile as we've entered the lounges on other Celebrity ships, but they quickly go back to whatever it was they were doing on their computer screens. Briton and Eve were far more engaging and I told them so. They were also interested in our ideas on how to do even better. This was truly a dynamic duo.

I hope this is the same Britton we had as a Retreat Cconcierge on Reflection in December 2021.  He was a wonderful young man who took very good care of us. 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I hope this is the same Britton we had as a Retreat Cconcierge on Reflection in December 2021.  He was a wonderful young man who took very good care of us. 

I hope so too.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 5:47 PM, DaKahuna said:

Yes, It is my intention to do a live review of both the Panama Canal and Best of Japan cruises.  Be forewarned, my DW has said that depending on how the Panama Canal cruise goes, she may decided to do a land vacation in Japan vs a cruise.  I really want to do the cruise to see parts of Japan that I've never seen before and eat a lot of my favorite foods that I have not found outside of Japan. 

We're booked on Best of Japan in November 2023. I will definitely post a review.

1 hour ago, Windstar_Fan said:

We're booked on Best of Japan in November 2023. I will definitely post a review.

Thank you.  I will definitely keep an eye out for it.  We had to cancel our November 5th Best of Japan on Millennium.