NZeTa App Experiencing Network Issues

WEGL81

I have been getting this error on the NZeTa app on my iphone for several weeks now.  Does everyone have this issue and if so, does anyone know if anything can be done to fix this "Experiencing Network Issues"?  I tried deleting the app and reinstalling the latest from the app store.  I don't need to apply as I was able to do this on the app in November.  I don't think I have a problem since I have the email approvals with the E numbers on them.  It just bugs me that this app doesn't work at all after having no issues with it.

4 hours ago, WEGL81 said:

I have been getting this error on the NZeTa app on my iphone for several weeks now.  Does everyone have this issue and if so, does anyone know if anything can be done to fix this "Experiencing Network Issues"?  I tried deleting the app and reinstalling the latest from the app store. 

I tried for 2 weeks starting around Christmas and the App never worked so I applied on line.  Worked like a charm (for a few dollars more IIRC).

I just checked that app on my iPhone13 and looks fine with the receipt, all personal data, and the message "This NZeTA authorizes you to travel to or transit New Zealand".

I haven't looked at it in many months since I applied and was approved but, I think this looks good enough to me.

Best of luck,

John

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

I tried for 2 weeks starting around Christmas and the App never worked so I applied on line.  Worked like a charm (for a few dollars more IIRC).

I was able to apply on the app and get approved a couple months ago.  For the last couple weeks, just get the constant error.  Fortunately, I have the email approvals that I will print out and bring with me.  For all the technology in the world, paper is still winning. 😆

Just now, WEGL81 said:

I was able to apply on the app and get approved a couple months ago.  For the last couple weeks, just get the constant error.  Fortunately, I have the email approvals that I will print out and bring with me.  For all the technology in the world, paper is still winning. 😆

We are of the same mind.  Our paper copies are with our passports.

• Like 1

Same problem here.  Applied with the app a couple months ago, received the Nzeta along with the email then the app stopped showing it.  Have an android phone as well.  Will print and take the email confirmation but still makes me nervous it now showing up in the app any more. 

At the moment, NZ has reverted back to using cards that you are given on the plane to complete. The system used last year was suspended in Oct 2022 and is being replaced by an online system similar to that used last year. Supposed to be operative in June this year. 

So don’t panic. You will have to complete the form irrespective of completing an online version. 

22 minutes ago, woodienz said:

At the moment, NZ has reverted back to using cards that you are given on the plane to complete. The system used last year was suspended in Oct 2022 and is being replaced by an online system similar to that used last year. Supposed to be operative in June this year. 

So don’t panic. You will have to complete the form irrespective of completing an online version. 

Are we taking about the about the NZeta NZ travel authority (visa) or what Jean in post 4 references?

I was speaking strictly on the NZeta visa needed for arriving cruise ship passengers (from the US which is a visa free country for NZ).  Post 4 (and I assume post 8 ) are referring to entering via plane.  Is the NZeTa app being replaced?  Because it basically stopped working for me altogether.

48 minutes ago, WEGL81 said:

I was speaking strictly on the NZeta visa needed for arriving cruise ship passengers (from the US which is a visa free country for NZ).  Post 4 (and I assume post 8 ) are referring to entering via plane.  Is the NZeTa app being replaced?  Because it basically stopped working for me altogether.

Hi, I downloaded the Google Play app and started the nzeta application process and it seems to be working okay for me (I didn't go too far into it).

Relevant links are:

For information:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/tools-and-information/general-information/visa-waiver-countries

The official nzeta app link:

https://nzeta.immigration.govt.nz/

If you still have problems, why not apply on line as the cost difference is negligible?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jean C said:

Hi, I downloaded the Google Play app and started the nzeta application process and it seems to be working okay for me (I didn't go too far into it).

Relevant links are:

For information:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/tools-and-information/general-information/visa-waiver-countries

The official nzeta app link:

https://nzeta.immigration.govt.nz/

If you still have problems, why not apply on line as the cost difference is negligible?

Well, thanks for the advice but I wasn't looking to apply since I already did that on the app months ago and was approved.  I was just bothered by the fact that the app doesn't work on my iPhone anymore.  Googleplay is used for Android devices.  I will be using the printout from the email approval I received when I cruise to NZ.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WEGL81 said:

Well, thanks for the advice but I wasn't looking to apply since I already did that on the app months ago and was approved.  I was just bothered by the fact that the app doesn't work on my iPhone anymore.  Googleplay is used for Android devices.  I will be using the printout from the email approval I received when I cruise to NZ.

Yes, we will use the printed out email as we do not have anything else to show approval.  Are we supposed to have something on the app?

12 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Yes, we will use the printed out email as we do not have anything else to show approval.  Are we supposed to have something on the app?

Not that I know of.  The visa is associated to your passport anyway, so they can check that even if you don't have the paperwork approval.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great idea and good advice to have hard printed copy of the visa approval on hand.  I wasn't able to pull up the app at the cruise terminal, therefore, unable to show my visa.  I was directed to stand in another line so that Princess can verify my visa.  Luckily, I had wifi for a brief moment (wifi in OPT is aweful, non-existent) and was able to pull up the approval email!  

I know this site is for cruises, but can anyone help regarding arriving in Auckland by plane!  I just cannot get my NZeta approved via the app or on-line. It keeps rejecting the photo even though I have purchased it via an approved passport service!

Is entry being done via immigration cards on the plane?

10 hours ago, Holiday23 said:

I know this site is for cruises, but can anyone help regarding arriving in Auckland by plane!  I just cannot get my NZeta approved via the app or on-line. It keeps rejecting the photo even though I have purchased it via an approved passport service!

Hi, are you using the links in post #12? How long are you staying in NZ?

13 hours ago, Holiday23 said:

I am in the same situation. Got my NZeTA issued a few weeks ago and trying to apply for one for my mum. 

App doesn't work (network issues) and online application won't process the photo. Tried different photos over on different devices over the last 3 days and I'm getting the same error message so it's not the photo. I've sent a feedback form to NZ immigration but their service level agreement is 25 working days. We fly end of February.

I'm using the the following link: https://nzeta.immigration.govt.nz/ 

After reading this topic, my husband tried applying for the NZeTA on the app, but kept getting error messages. We gave up on the app and  decided to apply online.  My approval email came one minute after the request received email.  My husbands approval came about 5 minutes later.  

• Like 1

Like the OP we did our NZeTA through the app a couple of months ago and got approved.  However, a short time later the app started showing network error.  I even installed the app on my work iphone and get the same error message immediately.  Updated the apps, deleted, cleared the cache/storage, same result.  We do have the confirmation emails that we will print and take with us. 

I did discover that you can also verify the status on-line at https://nzeta.immigration.govt.nz/check-status You will need the NZeTA reference number and your passport number.  (both are on the NZeTA approval email.)  My understanding through research is that the NZeTA is electronically associated with your passport and you do not need to have a physical copy or show the electronic version to anyone.  (But having the print out does make me feel better about it.)  We are flying into Auckland in a few days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The app is appalling. I must have tried over 30 times before giving up after receiving error messages at the final stage.

The NZ website worked fine, and my wife's approval was instant. I'm still waiting - 24 hours so far. They say to allow up to 72.

16 hours ago, backbiter said:

The app is appalling. I must have tried over 30 times before giving up after receiving error messages at the final stage.

The NZ website worked fine, and my wife's approval was instant. I'm still waiting - 24 hours so far. They say to allow up to 72.

Which app are you referring to? NZ or Australian?