Capt. Marvin's Handling of Constellation Fog 1 Day Delay...Wow...insulting

miXterOB

So my friend and I had a Stingray City Plus snorkeling stop excursion booked for January 4th, 2023 for 11 AM

Unfortunately...the 3 ships out of Tampa on Jan. 2nd were delayed about 8 hours due to fog earlier in the day so the itinerary arrivals were set back a day on the first 2 stops as well as the overnight in Cartagena losing that first day there.

So hoping we might have gotten rebooked on 1/5 for the same time by Capt. Marvins...we went ashore at 9 to go speak with them thinking IF they'd made that adjustment, we could return to the ship and get  changed and grab our snorkel gear and do the excursion. What we were told was they'd moved us to a 10 AM departure that day and there would be no other that day. The service rep said we would not be able to get back to the ship and return by that time. They told us they'd sent an email to us the previous day regarding the adjustment but I had not opted in on wi-fi so we'd not received it. When I asked about them crediting us for the charges for the excursion...he called the manager who told him...they'd done their part by sending the email and there would be no credits or refund. I was shocked as I'd used their services in the past and up till then, they seemed pretty proactive.

So...understand when dealing with those people...if you have arrival issues...you may ended up frustrated and p.o.'ed  not to mention highly disappointed.

No more Captain Marvin's for us

Usually, excursion companies have delay/cancellation policies outlined in the booking documents.  What did the ones you agreed to say would happen?  Did they not follow those policies?  If not, they really need to.  That's unacceptable if they didn't.

For future trips, if your ship has been delayed or ports cancelled, it's perhaps a good idea to make an exception to your usual plans and buy the internet for at least one day so you can contact excursion companies and make advance arrangements for refunds or rescheduling.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:16 AM, bookbabe said:

Usually, excursion companies have delay/cancellation policies outlined in the booking documents.  What did the ones you agreed to say would happen?  Did they not follow those policies?  If not, they really need to.  That's unacceptable if they didn't.

For future trips, if your ship has been delayed or ports cancelled, it's perhaps a good idea to make an exception to your usual plans and buy the internet for at least one day so you can contact excursion companies and make advance arrangements for refunds or rescheduling.

I absolutely agree and can't understand why people especially when they book with outside vendors choose to disconnect.  We have had on almost every one of my 26 cruises an issue with a vendor such as a time change, a moved pickup, or 2x, a cancelation.  Plus sometimes you may need to reach the vendor.  Some of the ports can be pandemonium.  Because we stay connected, we don't have issues that day.  I feel bad for the OP but if you don't want to connect then either take a ship excursion or DIY and walk around.

• Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 8:56 AM, miXterOB said:

So my friend and I had a Stingray City Plus snorkeling stop excursion booked for January 4th, 2023 for 11 AM

Unfortunately...the 3 ships out of Tampa on Jan. 2nd were delayed about 8 hours due to fog earlier in the day so the itinerary arrivals were set back a day on the first 2 stops as well as the overnight in Cartagena losing that first day there.

So hoping we might have gotten rebooked on 1/5 for the same time by Capt. Marvins...we went ashore at 9 to go speak with them thinking IF they'd made that adjustment, we could return to the ship and get  changed and grab our snorkel gear and do the excursion. What we were told was they'd moved us to a 10 AM departure that day and there would be no other that day. The service rep said we would not be able to get back to the ship and return by that time. They told us they'd sent an email to us the previous day regarding the adjustment but I had not opted in on wi-fi so we'd not received it. When I asked about them crediting us for the charges for the excursion...he called the manager who told him...they'd done their part by sending the email and there would be no credits or refund. I was shocked as I'd used their services in the past and up till then, they seemed pretty proactive.

So...understand when dealing with those people...if you have arrival issues...you may ended up frustrated and p.o.'ed  not to mention highly disappointed.

No more Captain Marvin's for us

I’m confused as to why you didn’t take the excursion. It sounds like you made it to their office in time for the new time of 10:00 AM. They provide the equipment, so you didn’t need to go back to get your own. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...