Emeril's on Celebration

hard_eight

Hi All,

Just off the Celebration on Sunday and had a question for you about Emeril's...

The food was great, we ordered a whole lobster, half a dozen oysters, Red beans and Rice, and Beignets. The lobster was slightly over but fine, and the Beignets are to die for...my question is more around the experience. We ate there for dinner and it just seemed weirdly discombobulated? There were two of us, and the lobster came out on a huge platter as did the oysters and side of rice. We had utensils but, we had no plates. When we asked for plates, we were given small, almost spoon rest size "plates". Is it just supposed to be like feeding from a trough? Just seemed weird to have such a nice venue and place settings with no way to dole the food out.

1 hour ago, hard_eight said:

Hi All,

The food was great, we ordered a whole lobster, half a dozen oysters, Red beans and Rice, and Beignets. The lobster was slightly over but fine, and the Beignets are to die for...my question is more around the experience. We ate there for dinner and it just seemed weirdly discombobulated? There were two of us, and the lobster came out on a huge platter as did the oysters and side of rice. We had utensils but, we had no plates. When we asked for plates, we were given small, almost spoon rest size "plates". Is it just supposed to be like feeding from a trough? Just seemed weird to have such a nice venue and place settings with no way to dole the food out.

I didn't have that problem on Celebration. I ate there three times and like my shrimp & grits came in a bowl. I did eat red beans and rice and jambalaya at Emeril's on Mardi Gras as well and I'm pretty sure they both came in bowls. Maybe they just didn't have any clean at the time.

2 hours ago, hard_eight said:

Hi All,

We ate at Emeril's on Celebration for lunch.  My son had the shrimp scampi and it came in a cast iron skillet.  I had the bbq shrimp and I think that came on a plate, maybe?  So we didn't have the same problem you had.  I agree the beignets were to die for.