Travel adapter

Gingercruiser

On 1/22/2023 at 1:47 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Every ship I've been on so far (admittedly not all) have had both European style and US style plugs.  Every ship has had a European style behind the bed which I use for a CPAP.  The adapter I showed above (Amazon link) gives you a "pass-through" socket allowing you to plug in whatever was originally plugged into the wall along with a US style to feed whatever you need.  It eliminates the ridiculous "solution" of having to use an extension cord run across the floor.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Either of those should work fine for use at the desk.  If you plan on using one behind the bed then if you use either of those plugs you "forfeit" being able to plug in whatever *was* plugged into the wall there (most likely one of the bedside lamps).  Post #4 shows the style that I use behind the bed and still be able to use the lamp(s).

7 hours ago, SANDRAMARTINEZ said:

Rick 

We will be on Discovery Princess come late Feb—hubby uses CPAP and we would like to avoid extension cord can you confirm that European outlet is behind the bed on Royal Class Ships?

We were just on the Discovery this past August.  It was either a European style or a standard US style behind the bed. I've not had to use an extension cord for over 4 years now since I started carrying my adapter. 

2 hours ago, SANDRAMARTINEZ said:

Thanks Rick for the reply, so I gather the adapter you referenced in Post 4 will work with European alternatively if it is a US style then CPAP can be directly used in that  outlet

Don't take my word as gospel as far as there being a US style outlet behind the bed on Discovery.  I cannot say with absolute certainty that it was the Discovery that had the US outlet.  (It *may* have been an NCL ship.)  But what I *can* say for sure that if you go prepared with an adapter such as what I am using and there is a European type outlet behind the bed you will be able to plug in the adapter and then plug in whatever *was* plugged into the wall into the adapter AS WELL AS now having a US style outlet (in the adapter) to plug in a CPAP.  I do this all the time.

NOTE:  If by some chance there actually is a US style outlet behind the bed...obviously you can plug your CPAP directly into that outlet...but you will "lose" whatever was plugged into the wall originally unless you use something like:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XXPKL8C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.png.848a6b13799e6dc4dabd0e254ea55a74.png