Can I use my phone to order drinks on Beyond?

Moochi

Just now, Moochi said:

Booooo! How can I carry a drink, a phone, and a sea pass card with only two hands?

Well, you have one of the servers carry your drink, sea pass and phone can go in a pocket or purse, possibly??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I gladly leave my phone in my room most of the time and my seapass in a pocket.  That leaves enough hands to carry two drinks.

... or three (3) if really thirsty??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

12 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I gladly leave my phone in my room most of the time and my seapass in a pocket.  That leaves enough hands to carry two drinks.

I need my phone to get on CC to judge people for drinking entertainment. 

14 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, you have one of the servers carry your drink, sea pass and phone can go in a pocket or purse, possibly??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

- Moochi why do you have a fanny pack on your neck that doesn't match your outfit?

- Well that's the only purse that I won't forget at the bar because it never leaves my neck.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Moochi said:

I have learned that on the Beyond, passengers can open the cabin door and control the curtain and lights on the phone. Is it possible to order drinks at the bars with the X app as well? 

If you want ordering drinks via an app, you'll need to head to Princess... although if you talk to most of their (older) passengers, no one can figure out the system and they just end up screaming their cabin number at servers. 

I used to leave my phone in my room on airplane mode to avoid all the excess phone charges from ATT.  Not sure what mode you put it in to use it and avoid the exorbitant charges when your phone is searching for a tower.

2 hours ago, Rable1 said:

I used to leave my phone in my room on airplane mode to avoid all the excess phone charges from ATT.  Not sure what mode you put it in to use it and avoid the exorbitant charges when your phone is searching for a tower.

Leave it in 'Airplane' mode and turn on the WiFi, even without a WiFi package it is free to connect to use the app...

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

If you want ordering drinks via an app, you'll need to head to Princess... although if you talk to most of their (older) passengers, no one can figure out the system and they just end up screaming their cabin number at servers. 

for Pricess, do passengers order drinks through their app, or can use the phone as the keycard for payment?

2 hours ago, Moochi said:

for Pricess, do passengers order drinks through their app, or can use the phone as the keycard for payment?

You can order drinks via the app, which is linked to your account. If you order using the app, the medallion allows a server to triangulate and serve you... so the medallion tells the server you're sitting at X location in X venue. Then the order is sent to the nearest bar/service bar for quicker delivery. 

Alternatively, you can order drinks traditionally, either walking up to a bar, or with a server. If you walk up to the bar, the medallion triggers at that venue automatically. Wandering servers have handheld devices. Instead of telling the bartender or server your room or folio number, or handing over your card, your image just pops up on a point of sale tablet because of your proximity. Usually, the server will say "John, right?" just to make sure they're charging the correct account.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

You can order drinks via the app, which is linked to your account. If you order using the app, the medallion allows a server to triangulate and serve you... so the medallion tells the server you're sitting at X location in X venue. Then the order is sent to the nearest bar/service bar for quicker delivery. 

Alternatively, you can order drinks traditionally, either walking up to a bar, or with a server. If you walk up to the bar, the medallion triggers at that venue automatically. Wandering servers have handheld devices. Instead of telling the bartender or server your room or folio number, or handing over your card, your image just pops up on a point of sale tablet because of your proximity. Usually, the server will say "John, right?" just to make sure they're charging the correct account.

Thank you for the insight. This is really cool! Hope X can step up their game and come out with something similar, or even better. Although majority X passengers might enjoy the super friendly face to face service, me millennial social phobia would love to order drinks from my phone and have it delivered to the little corner I’m sitting at. 

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2023 at 7:36 PM, Moochi said:

I have learned that on the Beyond, passengers can open the cabin door and control the curtain and lights on the phone. Is it possible to order drinks at the bars with the X app as well? 

All of this can be done on Princess, including ordering food