Disembarking in Miami

Wondermouse

53 minutes ago, Wondermouse said:

We are disembarking in Miami,  from what I read the earliest to walk off with luggage is 0730?  I am guessing there are a bunch of taxi’s waiting once you leave the terminal, or do you need to call one?

Thanks,

Wondermouse

There was a line of taxis when we disembarked last year.  If there are more than two of you traveling together, I’d recommend hiring a private transfer beforehand 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:53 AM, minniemouse75 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on who to use for a private transfer?  We have a party of 6 with luggage so I don't think an uber will work.

Just get two taxis or two ubers. Likely less than hiring a private SUV. 

• 2 weeks later...

We were first to walk off. Luckily there were not many lined up. Only about 10 people when they let us off at 0715. Caught cab that was waiting to rental car a short distance away , not at airport. Another guy from different cruise showed up about 15 mins after us at rental agency. He mentioned that when he returned the rental the morning his cruise started there were many people trying to do the same there was a long return line. We were lucky and did not have this when we returned ours the afternoon before. We were also lucky to have been able to pick up our vehicle first thing in the morning. The other guy and a second person that arrived were not able to get their vehicles as their vehicle class had not been turned in yet. Just info for those renting not at airport,  I picked this closer place as it was closer to port, but still major car rental company. 

3 minutes ago, minniemouse75 said:

Do I need to book these in advance?

No.  Just tell the taxi dispatcher when you get to the head of the line that you need two van taxis although that will probably be evident by the number of passengers and pieces of luggage.

Edited by capriccio