Vibe Hours

macfam5

7 minutes ago, macfam5 said:

We have never purchased the vibe passes before and are debating on purchasing Vibe passes for our upcoming sailing on the Joy. 

What hours is the Vibe open ? I assume it’s open while in port 

On our most recent cruise, the Vibe was open for bar service from 9am to 7pm each day.  The hot tubs from 7am to 7pm.

Yes, the Vibe is open on port days.  We just got off the Encore and spent the day in the VIBE when we were at Great Stirup Cay rather than tendering to the beach.  It was a perfect day!

8 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

On our most recent cruise, the Vibe was open for bar service from 9am to 7pm each day.  The hot tubs from 7am to 7pm.

Are you sure about that?  We aren't hot tub people but we "closed" the Vibe bar on Encore many evenings and there were always people in the tubs and no one seemed to be in any hurry to kick them out.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Are you sure about that?  We aren't hot tub people but we "closed" the Vibe bar on Encore many evenings and there were always people in the tubs and no one seemed to be in any hurry to kick them out.  

I agree that there was no rush to kick anyone out, but those were the "official" hours on our cruise. 

Here is the sheet we received on embarkation day within our cabin since we had pre-purchased the passes.

vibe (2).jpg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I agree that there was no rush to kick anyone out, but those were the "official" hours on our cruise. 

Here is the sheet we received on embarkation day within our cabin since we had pre-purchased the passes.

Thanks - We got the same sheet but didn't pay attention to the hot tub hours only the bar hours 🙂

• Haha 2

Just now, Lchiles said:

Do they still use wristbands for entrance to the Vibe?

We were given wristbands, we did not wear them, the first day the staff asked and we agreed to put them on our back pack.   

I think only a few people were actually wearing them the whole cruise.

20 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

vibe (2).jpg

What is the food service mentioned on this sheet (the fresh fruit) ?

No wristbands on my pre-Christmas cruise on the Encore.

They did give us a keycard to access Vibe though... Which was sort of odd, because the room key works too.  I'm quite sure people were giving the extra key to their friends to sneak them in.

11 hours ago, macewank said:

No wristbands on my pre-Christmas cruise on the Encore.

They did give us a keycard to access Vibe though... Which was sort of odd, because the room key works too.  I'm quite sure people were giving the extra key to their friends to sneak them in.

I would be so pissed if I paid $250 a person to access Vibe and other guests were sneaking in friends.  Sorry, I'm a nice guy and I play well with others.  But what's fair is fair. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Team Bean said:

I would be so pissed if I paid $250 a person to access Vibe and other guests were sneaking in friends.  Sorry, I'm a nice guy and I play well with others.  But what's fair is fair. 

Earlier this month, the Vibe staff had to double as "door police" to keep non-paying cruisers out for the first couple of day.

During sail-away this was the biggest problem as dozens would try to sneak in behind others who had access when they opened the door.  It's a great place to be for Sail-away btw.  Sure, some were just trying to "see what's behind the curtain" to assess if it worth buying, but there were many that were just treating it like a game (can I sneak in and call down to my buddies on the main pool deck to brag)

After a couple of days however, repeat offenders were quickly recognized and asked to leave rather quickly.

Even if you confidently get in and get settled in place, once you "try" to get a cocktail the server will see you have not paid for access when they "swipe" your card.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Earlier this month, the Vibe staff had to double as "door police" to keep non-paying cruisers out for the first couple of day.

During sail-away this was the biggest problem as dozens would try to sneak in behind others who had access when they opened the door.  It's a great place to be for Sail-away btw.  Sure, some were just trying to "see what's behind the curtain" to assess if it worth buying, but there were many that were just treating it like a game (can I sneak in and call down to my buddies on the main pool deck to brag)

After a couple of days however, repeat offenders were quickly recognized and asked to leave rather quickly.

Even if you confidently get in and get settled in place, once you "try" to get a cocktail the server will see you have not paid for access when they "swipe" your card.

Good to hear.  I've been in several Vibes and have watched the bartenders and security even have to occasionally get involved.  From some people who have sailed Prima, it's been an issue due to the proximity of the buffet and Soeedway bar.  I would imagine most people are just unaware.  But there's those that like to push the envelope, especially with a few drinks in 'em!

• Like 1