Beverage Packages Question

MSEm

What are the beverage packages available on Oceania.

Also If I choose the "Select" "Free" beverage package amenity can I upgrade to a better package when on board the ship?

What is the current cost or the beverage packages?

1 hour ago, MSEm said:

What are the beverage packages available on Oceania.

Also If I choose the "Select" "Free" beverage package amenity can I upgrade to a better package when on board the ship?

What is the current cost or the beverage packages?

There is the House and the Prestige package. Go to https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value and scroll down to Beveridge Packages then click on it.

Yes, you can upgrade from the O-Life House amenity to Prestige.

Costs are in the link above.

You may also find the following topic useful:

On 1/25/2023 at 8:42 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

There is the House and the Prestige package. Go to https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value and scroll down to Beveridge Packages then click on it.

Yes, you can upgrade from the O-Life House amenity to Prestige.

Costs are in the link above.

You may also find the following topic useful:

Thank you for that information. Do you have to go to guest relations once on board to upgrade your package, or is there someplace else you can do it? I usually try to avoid the long guest relation lines on embarkation day. Also if I wait to upgrade until I get on board, do I pay the higher daily cost or the lower cost since it's just an upgrade from what I already have? My booking included the house select package. I'm assuming I could also call and upgrade over the phone ahead of time? 

8 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Thank you for that information. Do you have to go to guest relations once on board to upgrade your package, or is there someplace else you can do it? I usually try to avoid the long guest relation lines on embarkation day. Also if I wait to upgrade until I get on board, do I pay the higher daily cost or the lower cost since it's just an upgrade from what I already have? My booking included the house select package. I'm assuming I could also call and upgrade over the phone ahead of time? 

if you take the O Life  beverage deal as  perk then I believe it is $30 pp pd  to upgrade to the Prestige Package

both parties in the cabin do not need to upgrade

Usually they have a table set up  on deck 5  for people to upgrade  someone you does this  will comment

I do not think you can upgrade  from the O Life  package to the Prestige package until you board the ship

You can purchase the package  before  you board if you are taking  the O Life  bev deal

At least tht is how I understand it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Usually they have a table set up  on deck 5  for people to upgrade  someone you does this  will comment

We first went to the sommelier at the wine by the bottle table, hoping to get him the spiff but he sent us to Reception. You are required to sign a certificate type paper and your World Card has to be reissued, so I think I would go straight there. If you board early, and head straight there you should  be fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robjame said:

We first went to the sommelier at the wine by the bottle table, hoping to get him the spiff but he sent us to Reception. You are required to sign a certificate type paper and your World Card has to be reissued, so I think I would go straight there. If you board early, and head straight there you should  be fine.

Thanks  for the update

Yes having to issue a new card it is probably easier at reception

If people go later in the day  it will be less of a line  &  they probably adjust your purchases  just ask  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Yes having to issue a new card it is probably easier at reception

From something Aloha said on another thread, I think the World Card has gained a new importance. We have had to surrender it each time - waiter leaves it until end of meal. Even those purchases by the glass they take the card and return with a bill to be signed. The waiters file these receipts in their own cup so I am guessing their portion of the auto-tip requires this slip.

1 minute ago, Robjame said:

From something Aloha said on another thread, I think the World Card has gained a new importance. We have had to surrender it each time - waiter leaves it until end of meal. Even those purchases by the glass they take the card and return with a bill to be signed. The waiters file these receipts in their own cup so I am guessing their portion of the auto-tip requires this slip.

I am not sure if they took it at the begining of the meal  but I seemed to  see them take it  at dessert

Maybe people just were leaving before the card was scanned

They always had to have it scanned at some point   during your session 😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

If you buy the package on the ship it’s $10 more for the package than if you bought it beforehand. Can you upgrade and from the select to prestige  and pay beforehand ?

Do you mean purchase the house select  then upgrade?

or Take the O life House select   then upgrade onboard?

• Like 1

Can you take the House select beverage package amenity and then upgrade before boarding.

Also is the Select Beverage package only available during lunch and dinner?

If you have the Select Beverage package, do you order off the bar menu at dinner?

Thanks for all the info and help.

2 minutes ago, MSEm said:

Can you take the House select beverage package amenity and then upgrade before boarding.

I do not think so

Also is the Select Beverage package only available during lunch and dinner?

YES  beer  & wine by the glass if on the menu

If you have the Select Beverage package, do you order off the bar menu at dinner?

House select is beer & wine Champagne  by the glass  off the menu

Thanks for all the info and help.

There is  a thread by RobJames with current menus

As Lynn has said

House Select - any beer or wine found on any bar menu at lunch and dinner

Prestige - anything on any bar menu anytime - including room service

We got in the habit when the wine server (sommelier)  came around at mealtime with a wine list to sell wine by the bottle, we always say that we are on wine by the glass so that we avoid any surprises. If we see him open a new bottle - same thing.

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

I never really go straight there. I usually wait until at least day 3 or so depending on the ports. 

3 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

If you buy the package on the ship it’s $10 more for the package than if you bought it beforehand. Can you upgrade from the select to prestige  and pay beforehand ?

With things being in a state of flux that's still an unknown, but historically the answer has been no, you have to wait until you're onboard to upgrade. To the best of my knowledge that is still the case. 

It almost seems to me that it might be best to just outright buy it for $59.95 per day pre cruise. On a 10 day cruise for a couple it looks like you would save $200.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Robjame said:

Uh oh.  I thought with the Prestige Package you just showed your card, and someone even said after a while they know if you have the card and don't ask for it.  If what you say here is true, my main reason for getting the package (which is to avoid waiting and signing, oh and yes, we will get our money's worth😇) is not solved by getting the package. I'm confused and wondering if O is inconsistent about this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alainciao said:

Uh oh.  I thought with the Prestige Package you just showed your card, and someone even said after a while they know if you have the card and don't ask for it.  If what you say here is true, my main reason for getting the package (which is to avoid waiting and signing

I may have confused you. You always present your World Card now, whether you are paying or on a package.

So at a bar you order your drink and plop down your card. The barman swipes it no signing if you have Prestige. Without a package he returns with a slip to sign.

‘Same in a restaurant or one of the lounges, though the sommelier leaves the card until you indicate you are done. 

1 minute ago, Robjame said:

I may have confused you. You always present your World Card now, whether you are paying or on a package.

So at a bar you order your drink and plop down your card. The barman swipes it no signing if you have Prestige. Without a package he returns with a slip to sign.

‘Same in a restaurant or one of the lounges, though the sommelier leaves the card until you indicate you are done. 

Thanks for clarifying.