Final day ship's tour that finishes at the airport

mobilemac

We have always gone directly from the ship to the airport for our return flight home.  For our upcoming T/A to Rotterdam in April we would like to take one of the ship tours to Delft and The Hague that finishes at the Amsterdam airport.  The tour description says this tour is only for flights after 3 pm.  Does this normally mean we'll arrive at the airport in the 12 - 1pm range? or closer to 3pm?  Thanks.

Not sure about that particular tour & being overseas.  It probably depends on the length of tour.  We did this, but in Ft Lauderdale.  Everyone met outside at 8:30 AM, tour was about 3 hrs, so we were at the airport by noon or so.  Everyone had their luggage & were able to store it on the bus while we toured.  So you might check length of tour & start time- usually in the description of tour.

We did one pre-Covid with Princess, Dover to Heathrow with a walking tour of Dover and a stop in Canterbury. I honestly cannot remember how long before the flight, but our flight time was just after the cutoff time and our terminal was one of the last if not the last stop. And we easily made our flight. I do highly recommend this type of tour as when we were leaving it felt like still our vacation not our trip to the airport. It probably helped that we knew 4 others on the bus from our roll call.

We actually had another booked but cancelled in the Covid shutdown. It would have gone from Southampton also to Heathrow. This one had a stop in Stonehenge. DW actually said she was looking forward to that excursion even more than the Norwegian fjords cruise it followed.

• Like 1

Agree with others, these airport connection tours have been great for us too - adding one more day to the total vacation experience.

One warning however, we used one from Yokohama to the Tokyo airport with lots of touring in-between. We were hit by a heavy and sudden rain shower in the middle to the city tour, that left us drenching wet with rain puddle soaked shoes that even an umbrella would not protect.

I knew my poor feet would not survive our upcoming long trans-pacific flight in wet shoes, so I scurried around and purchased some souvenir Tokyo flip flops to wear on the flight.

Know your potential weather during that tour time, and prepare accordingly.