No more Maine for our fall cruise

Uff da

Princess pulled out of Bar Harbor too. Cruise is from Brooklyn. They substituted Rockland Maine and Boston. Too bad about Portland as last year on the NCL Breakaway we had a great time in both ports just walking around and eating lobster rolls (DeMillo’s in Portland on the harbor). 

• Like 1

I was looking for up-to-date reviews for a restaurant in Bar Harbor, near the Town Pier, we visited in 2014.

I saw that several restaurants near the pier are "temporarily closed".

This tells me that Bar Harbor is probably having an issue finding people to work, like every other city or town.  Perhaps they can't accommodate cruise ships as in the past.

Just a thought.

20 minutes ago, Sea saw 56 said:

I was looking for up-to-date reviews for a restaurant in Bar Harbor, near the Town Pier, we visited in 2014.

I saw that several restaurants near the pier are "temporarily closed".

This tells me that Bar Harbor is probably having an issue finding people to work, like every other city or town.  Perhaps they can't accommodate cruise ships as in the past.

Just a thought.

Many tourism related businesses in coastal Maine towns close in the winter. I drove through York and Ogunquit today and many shops and restaurants are closed. Parking spaces open on Route 1 are a lucky find in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1