Lanyards Available for Purchase onboard Splendor

I haven't cruised onboard Carnival for almost 4 years.  I know there were always Carnival-branded lanyards for sale right after boarding.  We sailed RCI on a transpacific and were surprised lanyards were not commonly available and the ones that were were Alaska lanyards. You could see who us Aussies were as we all ended up buying Alaska lanyards despite not having been to Alaska!

I can't find where I put my older Carnival ones so I wanted to confirm if Carnival sell them onboard Splendor seeing as that ship has made its way from the US.  As Splendor is now back in Australia, I wanted to check their availability with anyone here who may have recently sailed onboard her.

I asked a few yanks, Canadians and Poms and most of them just carried their SeaPass cards in their wallet or pockets.  I have magnetic hooks which we hang on our stateroom walls and hang our lanyards near the door so we're less likely to forget them.  Leaving them in a pocket is liable for me to forget them if I were different pants, etc.

• Like 1

A lanyard is part of the cruise uniform, lol.  Yes, many Brits and North Americans do not wear them. Pocket or handbag job.  Princess gives you a free lanyard.

images.jpg.075d94bacdcbd9468bda1bda8aec9901.jpgth.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, plettza said:

I haven't cruised onboard Carnival for almost 4 years.  I know there were always Carnival-branded lanyards for sale right after boarding.  We sailed RCI on a transpacific and were surprised lanyards were not commonly available and the ones that were were Alaska lanyards. You could see who us Aussies were as we all ended up buying Alaska lanyards despite not having been to Alaska!

I can't find where I put my older Carnival ones so I wanted to confirm if Carnival sell them onboard Splendor seeing as that ship has made its way from the US.  As Splendor is now back in Australia, I wanted to check their availability with anyone here who may have recently sailed onboard her.

I asked a few yanks, Canadians and Poms and most of them just carried their SeaPass cards in their wallet or pockets.  I have magnetic hooks which we hang on our stateroom walls and hang our lanyards near the door so we're less likely to forget them.  Leaving them in a pocket is liable for me to forget them if I were different pants, etc.

Carnival sell lanyards onboard about $7.50 each

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rkmw said:

Carnival sell lanyards onboard about $7.50 each

Ok, thanks. We got onboard a couple of hours ago. I just remembered that onboard Spirit they were available practically as you walk in. Pixels is closed so I'll have to hunt around for some a bit later. I got me cocktails to drink! 🍸

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

A lanyard is part of the cruise uniform, lol.  Yes, many Brits and North Americans do not wear them. Pocket or handbag job.  Princess gives you a free lanyard.

images.jpg.075d94bacdcbd9468bda1bda8aec9901.jpgth.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

Yes, I'm walking around onboard Splendor now and it feels like driving in a car and not wearing a seatbelt. 

• Haha 2

is it an Australian thing to wear them? I can't stand things hanging around my neck so I'd never wear one - but frankly very few people did when we cruised overseas last years where the majority were UK and US cruisers. As soon as more Aussies got on board I saw more lanyards - very odd 

50 minutes ago, lissie said:

is it an Australian thing to wear them? I can't stand things hanging around my neck so I'd never wear one - but frankly very few people did when we cruised overseas last years where the majority were UK and US cruisers. As soon as more Aussies got on board I saw more lanyards - very odd 

So much an Aussie thing, that P&O usually pre-punch their cards to avoid the queue at the service desk for the hole punch. Not all Aussies, as I just stick mine in my pocket. A bit harder with the Princess medallion which is easier with the lanyard.

• Like 2

My son always uses a clip with a pull out string/clip which was given to him by a travel agent years ago.  I  was in Officeworks today and saw similar clips.  Very convenient to use for cards or medallions.  I like my lanyards.  Just habit.  I like my hands free since women don't usually have pockets.

J.Burrows Badge Reel Black

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

My son always uses a clip with a pull out string/clip which was given to him by a travel agent years ago.  I  was in Officeworks today and saw similar clips.  Very convenient to use for cards or medallions...

J.Burrows Badge Reel Black

This what I use too. 
I have a RCI branded one and one from X as well as a couple of generic ones. 

Edited by Sparky74
Extra info
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 9:56 PM, lissie said:

I did manage to get two after Port Side shop opened up after sail away. I checked again the next morning and there weren't that many left.

Yes. I believe it's an Aussie thing. I like them because I can unclip the card part from the lanyard and simply hand the card to the bartender. I leave my wallet in the safe and having a card around my neck assures me I can easily get back into my stateroom and not become locked out. We hang our lanyards up on magnetic hooks near the stateroom door so they're one thing we usually won't forget. 

1 hour ago, plettza said:

I did manage to get two after Port Side shop opened up after sail away. I checked again the next morning and there weren't that many left.

Yes. I believe it's an Aussie thing. I like them because I can unclip the card part from the lanyard and simply hand the card to the bartender. I leave my wallet in the safe and having a card around my neck assures me I can easily get back into my stateroom and not become locked out. We hang our lanyards up on magnetic hooks near the stateroom door so they're one thing we usually won't forget. 

I  don't use my wallet on board either. I just put the card in my pocket - or the back of my phone