Summit vs Silhouette Retreat and why

Salf777

Sorry for so many questions a new Celebrity cruiser here. Just did the Beyond and loved it and have a nice sailing on the Edge soon

i live in south Florida and a flexible work schedule so looking to do a quick later year trip for a few days. 
All these short trips are either on the Summit or Silhouette 

just looking to do the retreat in a sky suite. Which ship would you experienced Celebrity Cruisers pick and why?

Thanks

I have done summit last year and will do it again in a couple of months , outdoor retreat area is a joke no pool , it was always empty, indoor retreat lounge was very nice , Luminae was excellent, I think you will definitely prefer Luminae on summit compared to beyond. Have not done S class since retreat was added.

• Like 1

I enjoy Luminae better on S and M Classes as you are able to order from the MDR menu on both classes.   Unfortunate that isn't an option on a E class.   Luminae is good but if you on for b2B's etc the choices become very boring.   I also like both S and M Class as they have Murano which is missing from the E-Class.

I have sailed on both Silhouette and Summit and love them both and would select either dependent on the itinerary. 

• Like 3

I was in a Penthouse on Summit last year, and went to the Retreat sun deck once. I liked it very much. The padded chaise lounges were very comfortable and had a good distance between them, there was no chair hogging (afternoon in Bermuda), it was tidy and we were immediately offered drinks from a bar. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I enjoy Luminae better on S and M Classes as you are able to order from the MDR menu on both classes.   Unfortunate that isn't an option on a E class.   Luminae is good but if you on for b2B's etc the choices become very boring.   I also like both S and M Class as they have Murano which is missing from the E-Class.

I have sailed on both Silhouette and Summit and love them both and would select either dependent on the itinerary. 

Jim M class doesn’t have Murano , at least the couple we have done , only specialty is Le Petit Chef, sushi at 5, and Tuscan, I want to thank you for all your post and knowledge on previous posts. 

5 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

I was in a Penthouse on Summit last year, and went to the Retreat sun deck once. I liked it very much. The padded chaise lounges were very comfortable and had a good distance between them, there was no chair hogging (afternoon in Bermuda), it was tidy and we were immediately offered drinks from a bar. 

There is no real bar in outdoor retreat yes waiters can bring you drinks , i will spend more time on my royal suite balcony than the retreat. Would love them to add a real bar. 

Neither has a Retreat Sun Deck that can compare to the Beyond.  If I was choosing between the 2 which have both been revolutionized I would choose the Silhouette for the additional specialty restaurants and bars.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Neither has a Retreat Sun Deck that can compare to the Beyond.  If I was choosing between the 2 which have both been revolutionized I would choose the Silhouette for the additional specialty restaurants and bars.  

Does Silhouette outdoor retreat area have a real bar or is it like M class?

Edited by George C

Yeah, I dont know where the bar is on the Summit Retreat sun deck, and I don't care. I had a cold drink a few minutes after I got there. You can't compare the E class sun deck to others, but for those actually on Summit, the sun deck is lovely, it has a beautiful forward view (lower to the water than the E class) and I hope everyone who uses it truly enjoys it. 

• Like 4

We will have to agree to disagree, I went there only once on a port day that Luminae was closed for lunch , there was exactly 1 other persons in the entire retreat . We did get a nice lunch,  I also hate stairs which are needed to get to the retreat. I doubt we will visit in March on summit again. 

We haven’t been on an S class ship for 5 years or so, so memories are clouded. We’ve been on Summit multiple times since the reopening after Covid. We love the Summit for their staff..they are exceptional. 

While we really enjoy the Retreat deck on E class ships we find the Retreat lounge to be cold and impersonal, although lovely with great views. We much prefer M class Retreat (Michael’s Club) lounge for ambiance and service. Your mileage may vary. 

• Like 2

We have been in The Retreat onboard Summit many times and just recently onboard Silhouette.  
Summit - Retreat Lounge there isn't a proper bar.  Just a small area with maybe 2 high top tables.
The lounge itself is lovely, seating is a bit uncomfortable as the chair choices by the designer was a bit of a mistake.  The Retreat Sundeck has access by a rather high staircase and also an elevator which doesn't always work.  It does not have a bar, but servers are available.  Two levels with a small dining and seating area and loungers on the lower level. Limited specialty dining.  Ship is stunning since being Revolutionized in 2019.  
Silhouette - Retreat Lounge is lovely with a full bar and seating.  Retreat Sundeck 2 levels with a bar and overall the entire space is much larger than on Summit. Murano is definitely a highlight onboard Silhouette. And, the additional specialty dining is a bonus as well.  Silhouette has also been Revolutionized and the updates are very nice.
Given the choice between the two our choice would be Summit as we've found the ship to be more welcoming and intimate.  While Silhouette is stunning, we find  that the Summit crew is amazing, service outstanding and for us, just an overall better experience.  However, we will be back onboard Silhouette in April for a 10 day to once again enjoy the Retreat and all that it has to offer.

Edited by Zigster
added info
  • Like 3