Buenos Aries Hotel

GICNJC

We are planning our trip for January 2024.  I see they have two hotels listed in their information package to purchase pre and post trip.

Which Hotel does Atlas use for their one day prepaid hotel stay in Buenos Aries? 

If you arrive a day earlier, do they leave you in the hotel you choose to stay in at your own cost if it is one of the two hotels they offer up?

On 1/28/2023 at 6:50 PM, GICNJC said:

We are planning our trip for January 2024.  I see they have two hotels listed in their information package to purchase pre and post trip.

Which Hotel does Atlas use for their one day prepaid hotel stay in Buenos Aries? 

If you arrive a day earlier, do they leave you in the hotel you choose to stay in at your own cost if it is one of the two hotels they offer up?

Which two hotels are listed in your info package? I am curious even though as we are embarking next month we just recently received a physical info package. As it is such early days for your cruise I assume you received an information package by email  - is that true? Did you book directly? We did not receive an Atlas info package when we booked as you have. We used a TA.

As for the hotel there are two listed in our docs that we can purchase pre/post: Alvear Palace and Sofitel Recoleta. That said, we are not staying at either of those. Maybe that is a group thing with our TA or maybe it is Atlas sells a different hotel than the one in our package as an upgrade.  Atlas prices seems good compared with current online prices.  Yours could be completely different for 2024.

I downloaded from the Atlas site the Atlas Ashore Land Programs.  Only thing I have received from them is general personal info request (passport, names, DOB etc).  The brochure prices for the two hotels you listed are very close to when google the current prices. (i suspect with transfers fee are included thereby ending up cheaper)

Atlas greatest issue - they don't have their OWN travel department. It is all farmed out and they SUCK.

I had such a difficult time just trying to book, yes just to BOOK. UGH. Atlas - fire that lazy TA company, they are giving you a black eye.

My experience with the Atlas travel agency has been the complete opposite.  I have received fantastic service and have even booked 3 more weeks on Atlas and my first cruise doesn't leave until February 10th.  I will likely use this TA for other travel as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from the trip. I stayed at Alvear Palace pre-cruise. Its expensive and I dont think its worth. Post cruise, I found a very nice room at NH Buenos Aires Tango. I love that hotel, great view of city, fantastice location, nice modern design and at $82!

• Like 1

The Alvear Palace is a historic hotel and  Atlas had great rates for it and the Sofitel in BA.  Both are wonderful.  I stayed at the Hilton as part of another tour prior to my Atlas cruise and it was much nicer than the typical Hiltin.  The Hikton is is a newer part of BA whole the other 2 are in the more historic part.  

On 1/30/2023 at 4:15 PM, GICNJC said:

I downloaded from the Atlas site the Atlas Ashore Land Programs.  Only thing I have received from them is general personal info request (passport, names, DOB etc).  The brochure prices for the two hotels you listed are very close to when google the current prices. (i suspect with transfers fee are included thereby ending up cheaper)

Where did you find this to download.  We just booked last week for Dec 2023 and I can’t find any information on pre cruise hotel in BA

I booked for January 2024... encountered the same thing as far as hotels. Spoke with my travel agent, who spoke with Atlas. As was conveyed to me Atlas has a contract with Alvear Palace that is due for renewal sometime early this summer. I think it's very likely they will stick with them, but they probably aren't able to actually commit to booking beyond their existing contract period. I wouldn't sweat it... not yet anyway... and wait until closer to summer. This isn't unusual, I've sailed other small cruise lines that had offers of pre and post cruise lodging but I was booking so far out the dates fell into the "new" contract period and they couldn't commit to the hotel in their (then) current brochure. I just had to wait a bit. Never had a line change venues, so I suspect this is all a formality.

Edited by Michael_A
typo

On 2/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, northwoods2 said:

Where did you find this to download.  We just booked last week for Dec 2023 and I can’t find any information on pre cruise hotel in BA

I searched the public site and could not find it there.  I could email you a copy of what I have if it helps.  Would need your email or send me one at gerry_campbell  at  msn.com

43 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I searched the public site and could not find it there.  I could email you a copy of what I have if it helps.  Would need your email or send me one at gerry_campbell  at  msn.com

I finally found 2 versions of the document for 22/23 season.  
https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/2022-2023_AOV_WNA_ANTARCTICA_LAND_PROGRAMS.pdf
2022-2023_AOV_WNA_ANTARCTICA_LAND_PROGRAhttps://atlasoceanvoyages.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/AOV_ANTARCTICA_LAND_PROGRAMS_2022-2023.pdf

AOV_ANTARCTICA_LAND_PROGRAMS_2022-2023.p

Edited by northwoods2

4 hours ago, northwoods2 said:

The first brochure listed was created while the old management team was in charge and is essentially worthless. The second was created under the current leadership.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Glu Boutique Hotel in Palermo Soho for 4 nights before our Feb 10 cruise on the Navigator.  Fantastic experience and room, and loved the location. Personalized service throughout our stay.  It also included an exceptional breakfast.  We'll look forward to staying here again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In a March 17th, 2023 recorded interview with the President of AOV he stated that for the 2024 Antarctic season they will be using the Hilton in Bunes Aires. However, when I contacted my TA who in turn contacted AOV, she was told they cannot yet confirm the Hotel details until the end of June, nor could they confirm details of the "cultural immersion" offering that they recently announced as included for that cruise yet. The lack of pre-cruise information is really starting to bug me...

4 hours ago, Michael_A said:

In a March 17th, 2023 recorded interview with the President of AOV he stated that for the 2024 Antarctic season they will be using the Hilton in Bunes Aires. However, when I contacted my TA who in turn contacted AOV, she was told they cannot yet confirm the Hotel details until the end of June, nor could they confirm details of the "cultural immersion" offering that they recently announced as included for that cruise yet. The lack of pre-cruise information is really starting to bug me...

Does your TA have any idea when the 2024/2025 Antarctic schedule will be released? 

No. But in the above referenced interview with the AOV President, he seemed to indicate that the schedule was in progress and would be posted "soon." I'd keep an eye on their digital brochures link on their website. I'd guess something will be up by summer at the latest.

• 2 weeks later...

Air booked from Toronto to Buenos Aries for a few days stay before boarding on January 15th embarkation for the trip across the Drake.

Anyone else on this cruise looking to partner up for activities in Buenos Aires? 

Did he say which one.

Just checked and the Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton (Ansemo Aieta 1069 ) is sold out.  

The other Hilton is Hilton Buenos Aires (Av Mcacha Guemes 351) rates starting at $304 for basic room.  

The Hilton Buenos Aires is located in the Puerto Madero neighborhood – very hip with lots of restaurants that charge double (once for the food, again for the view).  It's worth an uber ride to restaurants in other neighborhoods that have great food at bargain prices.  [One I can recommend is Fervor.  Check it out on TripAdvisor.  Be sure you get a reservation as they fill up!]

• Like 2