Will the ship "mind"/store luggage for a few hrs on debarkation?

Sallyandtex

Hi, sailing Norway coast in June.

Unfortunately the ship doesn't return to Southampton, but finishes up in Copenhagen. 

We have a 2pm flight out of Copenhagen but would like to have a look at the port before leaving,without dragging our big luggage around. 

Does the ship have luggage storage facilities to use for a few hours?

Thanks 😊 

Edited by Sallyandtex

• Sallyandtex changed the title to Will the ship "mind"/store luggage for a few hrs on debarkation?

They do not unfortunately 

Depending on where you dock as sometimes if it’s a change over Azamara have to dock a little further out, that happened to us. With a 2pm flight you probably are not going to have time to sightsee get back to the port if the pier has storage get out to the airport and check in - if you are going international that’s going to need to be noon at the latest. 
You could get a private tour to drive you to the sights ending up at the airport. That way your luggage is with you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is not relevant to an Azamara cruise but we did a Viking riverboat cruise last fall.  We had to vacate our cabin by 8 AM but our train to Paris did not leave until 2 PM.  They said that we could stay on board until it was time for us to leave for the train station and even have lunch on board or else leave the luggage on board and wander around Lyon and then come back to pick up our luggage.  We chose the former.  

We are leave on a Viking ocean cruise tomorrow and we have the same problem as our flight out of Puerto Rico does not leave until 4 PM.  I asked Viking if they have the same policy on their cruise ships and they said that they do.  We shall see.

DON

If Viking Ocean does let you store your luggage after disembarkation, they will be the only ocean cruise line I have heard doing it. Unlike the River ships, which keep the luggage onboard until you are leaving, ocean ships unload all the luggage to a shoreside facility that is not under their control. I would not leave my luggage there. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If Viking Ocean does let you store your luggage after disembarkation, they will be the only ocean cruise line I have heard doing it. Unlike the River ships, which keep the luggage onboard until you are leaving, ocean ships unload all the luggage to a shoreside facility that is not under their control. I would not leave my luggage there. 

I asked them and they confirmed in writing that they will.  However as you suggest I have my doubts.  Plan B is to go to the airport and read.  I have plenty of books on my Kindle.  I will report on CC when I return.   It is obviously easier for them to do it on a river boat with only a few passengers as opposed to a much larger cruise ship.

DON

There may be a shore excursion that includes a brief tour & airport transport. There were 3 offered in Buenos Aires (5, 7, & 9 hours each) & you were booked on the tour based on your flight departure time. My flight was at 10 pm & we got to the airport between 5 & 6 pm.