Upgrade to balcony club on the Jewel

Christina231955

Hi, We currently have a balcony cabin booked  on deck 9 mid ship which we’re quite happy with  especially as it’s mid ship but I’m considering bidding for a club balcony and would like to know if they have loungers or normal chairs that I think the normal balcony cabins have, this would make a difference for us on sea days when the pool and deck gets very busy. 
Thanks everyone.

1 minute ago, Christina231955 said:

Hi, We currently have a balcony cabin booked  on deck 9 mid ship which we’re quite happy with  especially as it’s mid ship but I’m considering bidding for a club balcony and would like to know if they have loungers or normal chairs that I think the normal balcony cabins have, this would make a difference for us on sea days when the pool and deck gets very busy. 
Thanks everyone.

I believe the balcony on the club balcony (Old Mini Suites) is the same size. If I remember correctly the club balcony has a little larger bathroom 

50 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I believe the balcony on the club balcony (Old Mini Suites) is the same size. If I remember correctly the club balcony has a little larger bathroom 

Incorrect. This is true on big ships, but not the Jewel. The minis are bigger rooms. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Thanks for your replies, I still can’t find info on the loungers but I have decided to upgrade to a club balcony and request 2 loungers when we get there.

Also I checked the price difference on the 2 rooms and it is exactly the same price difference than the lowest bid offer so I’m now going to ask my travel agent if they can change the booking. That way  for the same price I can choose the cabin.

Hi,

just returned from the Jewel and the Club Balcony  (11630), it was a great quite Location but no loungers on any of that rooms.

The bathroom is big (nice shower) and the place around the sofa is bigger than regular balcony stateroom

DFEA5DBD-3731-45E3-9887-C2042E7F434A.jpeg

6 hours ago, ronheg said:

Did you hear noise from deck 12?

2 hours ago, Arrow34 said:

good question, i am interested to know that toom above in various areas of deck

If possible, book a cabin port forward under the spa (avoid the fitness center} or starboard forward under the photo studio, cardroom, library, hair salon, or spa. Anything starboard forward of the pool area. Under LaCucina is also quiet. Lots of threads on this question recently and the not so distant past. A little research and you can learn what others think about noise emanating from Deck 12 to various areas of Deck 11.

We have booked mini-suites over ten times and the answer to loungers has always been "no".

11 hours ago, Arrow34 said:

good question, i am interested to know that too

Not really - we were below La Cuccina and on 2 nights we heard tables or chairs being moved  for 10-15 minutes. Other than that it was absolut silent and we enjoyed 11630 as there was no direct overhang like the midship Club balcony staterooms.

We've had these twice on deck 11 on Pearl--once cruise far forward next to officer's quarters, and once right at the aft stairwell. Both were great locations.

Forward was a bit quieter--was underneath spa and library, but aft wasn't bad--think it was under the Garden Cafe's seating area. Did sometimes notice noise from the jogging track 2 decks up--we were right at the point where the track juts out a bit on an overhang to loop around the sports court, so you could hear tromping up there occasionally if you were out on the balcony. No big deal. 

The really nice thing about the more aft-ish location was the convenience to the Garden Cafe and the Great Outdoors. I think the distance from our cabin to the Pearl's "secret Good Coffee Machine" upstairs was not really significantly more than the distance from my bedroom to kitchen at home, so it was always easy to pop up and get coffee or breakfast or snack items.