You don't sell the steak, you sell the sizzle. - Cosmo Kramer

drwbrt

23 hours ago, thedarklord said:

Ah, you may be the person who can answer a silly question I have!
Whilst I'm not allergic to peppers so it's not essential for me to avoid them unlike yourself, I do absolutely detest them and find they ruin the flavour of anything they touch.
So, breakfast potatoes. Always served with peppers, totally inedible!
I've always assumed that customising anything during the mad breakfast rush would be impossible, but I wonder - can they perhaps serve the potatoes without peppers?

Just put down peppers as an allergy when you're booking or say it at the first MDR you visit. They'll keep a note whenever you visit any other restaurant on the ship, the buffet is the only place you won't be able to get them to remove it. If it's a case that you'll be ordering the potatoes every morning you can talk to the maitre'd on embarkation day. 

Personally I can't stand the taste of cucumber and can always tell when anything else has been beside sliced cucumber (most deli's here keep it with the tomatoes). But it's not dangerous to me, thankfully.

When I did the behind the scenes tour the head chef told us that any food for folks with allergies is prepped in a dedicated area of the galley. They usually have the people with allergies give them their orders for the MDR the day before .

I did see one person get an entirely separate plate of food at Teppanyaki from back of house as she was allergic to shellfish, so they can cater for allergies around the various eateries.

Edited by eileeshb
missed a word
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Personally I can't stand the taste of cucumber and can always tell when anything else has been beside sliced cucumber (most deli's here keep it with the tomatoes). But it's not dangerous to me, thankfully.

I have a couple of 'can't stands'.  Liver for one but green bell peppers.   And, don't tell me to just 'eat around' the green bell peppers.  It's the aroma.  If I can smell them, I get nauseous.  It's childhood thing, I did get ill after eating a green bell pepper and that still affects me.  I know it's mental but mental is sometimes the hardest.  BTW, it's only green bell peppers.  Red, orange, yellow bell peppers are no problem. 

• Like 3

On 2/2/2023 at 10:09 AM, RocketMan275 said:

I have a couple of 'can't stands'.  Liver for one but green bell peppers.   And, don't tell me to just 'eat around' the green bell peppers.  It's the aroma.  If I can smell them, I get nauseous.  It's childhood thing, I did get ill after eating a green bell pepper and that still affects me.  I know it's mental but mental is sometimes the hardest.  BTW, it's only green bell peppers.  Red, orange, yellow bell peppers are no problem. 

Thank god...

I am not the only one that feels that way!!!