Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

On Magic this past January, I actually saw a Serenity attendant remove "chog" stuff from chairs, place in a white bag and walk away with it.  The rest of us near the chair sat like school kids, waiting for the errant chogger to return.  It had been over 2 hours, not that I was timing them 😉

In January on The Horizon at least in Havana area they were on top of it every day. We saw and HEARD one couple arguing about how they had only been gone 20 minutes. The staff didn't budge.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

From now on I'll be getting an "estimate" from the waiter before placing my order. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident, as I don't want to spend half my vacation waiting on line trying to get charges removed. 

Sid, I'm afraid this might be a new policy throughout the cruise line.  We were on the Escape last month and at each specialty restaurant the hostess told us we could order one entree, two appetizers and one dessert.  Then each server told us the same thing as we sat down at the table.  They seem pretty serious about it. 😞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

After twenty minutes of back and forth, including a phone call to the actual waiter, they deducted the charge. I've never had to fight so hard for ten bucks in my life, but I wasn't about to let it slide. I guess this is the new reality we're living in. Strict limits on the SDP...

Thank you for this. It's the first "official" verification I've seen of the new limits on the specialty dining plan. I was going to test it in March...well probably still will...at least now I know it's a 100% certainty I'll be charged. I was stunned (not) when NCL announced this last month in the terms and conditions. Sorry it was a surprise to you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I used to live in Brunswick back in the late eighty's. My all time favorite restaurant is there; Willie's Weenie Wagon. That pork chop sandwich is to die for...

Shut up!! Small world. Willie has since passed and the place has gone down hill.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

About a dozen people showed up for the CC M&G, so I'm going to call it a success. I spoke with a few of the higher ups, and the new limit on items with the dining plan are indeed "a thing"... I've arranged to get a tour of the Haven on one of the port days, but another CC member (thank you, dmms) has already given me a tour, complete with a stop at the bar...

• Like 28

While we were there I wanted to try and get a drink that only the Haven bartenders know how to make. Unfortunately they had never heard of it ( smoke and fire) so I settled for a spicy margarita. The pink looking drink is called smokey dragon, and that's the closest he knew to the other one. She ended up taking it, and now has a new favorite drink.

PXL_20230206_170033453.jpg

• Like 19