Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

17 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I just checked my account and they still ended up charging me for the additional app at Le Bistro. Looks like I'll be drinking my coffee in line at Guest Services. There's also another twenty dollar "service charge" with no explanation.

I read on another review, that the person asked if he could order an extra app and not be charged since he wasn’t going to have dessert.  The answer was no.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I just checked my account and they still ended up charging me for the additional app at Le Bistro. Looks like I'll be drinking my coffee in line at Guest Services. There's also another twenty dollar "service charge" with no explanation.

Is the other 20 the increased daily service charge?  Or something different?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Whatever this is looks pretty nice. On second glance, this is part of the buffet... WOW.

PXL_20230205_164322106.jpg

Sid, that's not the buffet.  I believe it could be the Commodore Room, which is the smaller MDR.  It's purely speculative since we ate all of our MDR meals in the Hudson, which was the most beautiful looking MDR we have seen in almost 50 cruises.

• Like 1

Just now, CruizinSusan70 said:

Sid, that's not the buffet.  I believe it could be the Commodore Room, which is the smaller MDR.  It's purely speculative since we ate all of our MDR meals in the Hudson, which was the most beautiful looking MDR we have seen in almost 50 cruises.

On second thought, I believe that particular area is part of Palomar. My mistake.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

Is the other 20 the increased daily service charge?  Or something different?

Yes, that's what it turned out to be. I have always been used to just being charged a total at the end of the cruise.

• Like 4

After twenty minutes of back and forth, including a phone call to the actual waiter, they deducted the charge. I've never had to fight so hard for ten bucks in my life, but I wasn't about to let it slide. I guess this is the new reality we're living in. Strict limits on the SDP...

• Like 17

16 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

So far it's been Patron, Tromba, and one other one I can't remember.

If you're going to be enjoying any vodka based drinks, Rommel turned me on to Avorza.  It's a organic vodka from Poland that the ship had gotten back in the fall.  Had many a spicy Bloody Mary in Vibe with it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

After twenty minutes of back and forth, including a phone call to the actual waiter, they deducted the charge. I've never had to fight so hard for ten bucks in my life, but I wasn't about to let it slide. I guess this is the new reality we're living in. Strict limits on the SDP...

Nope.  Don’t like that.  
Not a good passenger experience for you.  Let’s hope the rest is much better.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've gotta say that NCL has upped their game with this food hall. Everything I've had so far has been great.

yes great things to eat there, loved the tomato soup and the pulled pork burger at lunch there,

enjoy your cruise and have a good time, thanks for posting.

• Like 2

I received an invite to the captains reception later today, although it's not in the Haven. Only thing is, I already have a reservation at Palomar at the exact same time. Something tells me that my VIP treatment basically began and ended with the priority embarkation and this party...

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I received an invite to the captains reception later today, although it's not in the Haven. Only thing is, I already have a reservation at Palomar at the exact same time. Something tells me that my VIP treatment basically began and ended with the priority embarkation and this party...

Don't forget the chocolate covered strawberries you got. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2