EZ Air Price Drop After Final Payment

lgonquin

We booked our air with EZ Air.  I was fortunate to find a price drop on my airfare and rebooked with EZ Air. This occurred after final payment, but within the 45 day window allowed with EZ Air. 
I can see the credit amount on my Payment screen, but how do I collect it?  Or does it become OBC?

Thanks for your help!

It should be refunded to the original form of payment.  That’s what happened when I canceled EZ air after final payment.  I think it took a week or two to show on my credit card, the credit disappeared off the payment screen before the refund appeared on the credit card.

15 hours ago, lgonquin said:

We booked our air with EZ Air.  I was fortunate to find a price drop on my airfare and rebooked with EZ Air. This occurred after final payment, but within the 45 day window allowed with EZ Air. 
I can see the credit amount on my Payment screen, but how do I collect it?  Or does it become OBC?

Thanks for your help!

After cancelling and rebooking close to the final date, what's been your experience with the available seat selection and keeping the same seats? The EZ Air fine print of not guaranteeing a seat selection until ticketed is what made us immediately pay it in full. We knew it would turn the ticket into a fare with restrictions, but it was worth it to us to get ticketed and lock in our premium seats on Virgin Atlantic to the UK.

Flights are ORD to LAX.  Readily available in both directions. Lots to choose from with plenty of seat selection.  In fact, after I rebooked the same flight for less, I went back in and changed seats back to what we had. 

After each change, the seats appear in my Princess reservation and my AA app. 

Should I be concerned that those seats will disappear or change once we get closer to sail date?  When do these become “ticketed”?

1 hour ago, lgonquin said:

Flights are ORD to LAX.  Readily available in both directions. Lots to choose from with plenty of seat selection.  In fact, after I rebooked the same flight for less, I went back in and changed seats back to what we had. 

After each change, the seats appear in my Princess reservation and my AA app. 

Should I be concerned that those seats will disappear or change once we get closer to sail date?  When do these become “ticketed”?

Thanks good to know. While booking I recall seeing a disclaimer about not guaranteeing the exact seat or class. It may be just a Princess tactic to try to get us to pay sooner or there could be something in the contract with airlines that gives them flexibility with this fare. Based on my understanding of Youtube videos on this topic, once you're ticketed you lock in your reservation with the airline. This is our first time booking with EZ Air so maybe others can chime in on their experience.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

7 hours ago, ATL_Miami_Cruiser said:

Thanks good to know. While booking I recall seeing a disclaimer about not guaranteeing the exact seat or class. It may be just a Princess tactic to try to get us to pay sooner or there could be something in the contract with airlines that gives them flexibility with this fare. Based on my understanding of Youtube videos on this topic, once you're ticketed you lock in your reservation with the airline. This is our first time booking with EZ Air so maybe others can chime in on their experience.

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Just like the cruise line  can change your cabin, the airline can change your seat.

Exactly.  Airlines never guarantee a seat

number, only that you have a seat on that aircraft.  Mainly, because of schedule changes which may entail an aircraft change.

Don’t rely on EZAir for your seat. Go directly to the airline website for seat assignments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1