Add Air later - same price?

CruiseOrRust

We have an O cruise booked for early 2025 (first one with O).  I booked OLife but with air credit (i.e. no air purchased).  My Oceania rep tells me that I can add back air later (even 18 months later) for the same amount that was credited today.  Is that the understanding of experienced O cruisers?

5 minutes ago, CruiseOrRust said:

We have an O cruise booked for early 2025 (first one with O).  I booked OLife but with air credit (i.e. no air purchased).  My Oceania rep tells me that I can add back air later (even 18 months later) for the same amount that was credited today.  Is that the understanding of experienced O cruisers?

Because we would never use O Air, I have not had the opportunity to test that assertion. However, I do know that I have occasionally seen different air credit amounts for the same cruise depending on when one looks at a possible new booking several times over time (it can go up/down/remain the same).

That said, I also know that, if you rebook a cruise (e.g., to get a fare sale price), the add-ons (O Life, air etc) may be refigure to the currently available deal.

So, I suggest that you get any promises from O  (or a TA) in writing. 

• Like 1

It  depends on what the current rates are when you decide to add it back

Also the  closer to sailing  if you decide to cancel the credit may be less  than say 9 -10 mths from sailing

I would add it in until the flight schedules come out  for your  sailing  about 330 days out  then you can see what the airlines have to offer

JMO

• Like 1

Prices change, I wouldn't bet on it staying the same. I do know that I've been told if I take the air, then decide later to cancel it that the credit might change. So, if the credit can change when it's removed, then it can probably change if it's added. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ORV said:

Prices change, I wouldn't bet on it staying the same. I do know that I've been told if I take the air, then decide later to cancel it that the credit might change. So, if the credit can change when it's removed, then it can probably change if it's added. 

You are absolutely correct..air prices can change..

Jancruz1