Paying Cash Gratuities Directly to Staff?

radarcruiser

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Surprisingly enough, I had picked up envelopes from the Suite Concierge on Quantum but then found some our stateroom attendant left in the room as well.  

There is also an 'additional gratuties' form you can use to give tips to individuals and venue's, we have used it for the Coastal Kitchen staff, that is available from Guest Services. Any tips you give using this form are charged to your onboard account and it is how we use any excess OBC or if we run short of cash.  

Did I wander over to the Royal board by mistake? 

I was really surprised a couple of weeks ago on Oasis when the room attendant left an envelope on the desk. I haven't seen that on a cruise line since 2010 or before. 

45 minutes ago, ORV said:

Did I wander over to the Royal board by mistake? 

I was really surprised a couple of weeks ago on Oasis when the room attendant left an envelope on the desk. I haven't seen that on a cruise line since 2010 or before. 

Oops.  I have been getting ready for a cruise next week on Harmony and got my ships confused. 

I mean to say in Luminae not Coastal Kitchen.  

My apologies.

BTW, our stateroom attendant on Quantum did the last same August/September.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Really ?? Why not just leave it for a Staff member ?

Come to think of it, there are several threads that appear very often.

LOL--- My favorite ----  " Anyone know who's the , etc etc on our cruise in 2026 " ?

I'm waiting for some new " stuff " like:

" What should I do with the 257  trinkets with "uplifting scriptures" I brought as gifts that nobody wanted " ?

" Are slot machines " fixed " ?

" If we pay for a meal or 4 in a Specialty Restaurant, will Celebrity refund the price of our meal(s) from the MDR that we paid for in the price of our cruise ----and, didn't even eat" ?

Pinboy - maybe it is because we are both Canadian that I appreciate your directness. Your comment about the 257 uplifting scriptures would be even funnier if it weren’t so true. Are you following the thread over in Carnival where John Heald - the community spokesman or whatever he is called is recommending that you bring baseball hats or keychains as gifts for the crew? Just wondering what your thoughts on this might be.

8 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Pinboy - maybe it is because we are both Canadian that I appreciate your directness. Your comment about the 257 uplifting scriptures would be even funnier if it weren’t so true. Are you following the thread over in Carnival where John Heald - the community spokesman or whatever he is called is recommending that you bring baseball hats or keychains as gifts for the crew? Just wondering what your thoughts on this might be.

Did you catch the thread on this board about gifts (in the last week or two)?  I'm pretty sure that is where @Pinboy's comments about uplifting scriptures came from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We are checklist people because we are old. 👨‍🦳👩‍🦳

LOL. I am sticking with my "age is just a number". 🙂 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We are checklist people because we are old. 👨‍🦳👩‍🦳

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

LOL. I am sticking with my "age is just a number". 🙂 

When asked about my age my standard response is “I am as old as my tongue but a little bit older than my teeth.” 

But I agree that age is just a number. 

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

1--- " uplifting scriptures "-- Not in my terminology---- I copied that from a post a few days ago from a thread about bringing gifts for Staff.  

2-- "wondering what your thoughts on this might be"---

LOL--- Totally nuts !!

Who the hell thinks that a Staff member would like anything else but a "Thank you " and a few $$$ ?

" We ( staff ) are here to serve you and provide an excellent cruise experience. We are friendly to you . That's our job . Of course we would like to meet up again on future cruises, but, that's it. 

No exchange of email addresses , No information on future contract schedules, and No, I can't tell you the cabins that have a pineapple sticker on their door ".

C'est la vie !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

1--- " uplifting scriptures "-- Not in my terminology---- I copied that from a post a few days ago from a thread about bringing gifts for Staff.  

2-- "wondering what your thoughts on this might be"---

LOL--- Totally nuts !!

Who the hell thinks that a Staff member would like anything else but a "Thank you " and a few $$$ ?

" We ( staff ) are here to serve you and provide an excellent cruise experience. We are friendly to you . That's our job . Of course we would like to meet up again on future cruises, but, that's it. 

No exchange of email addresses , No information on future contract schedules, and No, I can't tell you the cabins that have a pineapple sticker on their door ".

C'est la vie !!

“This” and please no one ask me what I think about Carnival’s mouthpiece. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

13 hours ago, prmssk said:

Did you catch the thread on this board about gifts (in the last week or two)?  I'm pretty sure that is where @Pinboy's comments about uplifting scriptures came from.

yup. Have you ever seen pictures of their living space? Now imagine that even 5 passengers on every cruise gives the steward a hat.  Where on earth is s/he supposed to even put them? Last cruise we got off the ship at the same time a lot of the crew got off.  They all made a beeline to this little grocery type store and loaded up on chips/snacks. I was a little surprised at that....don't know why though thinking about it.

13 hours ago, prmssk said:

Yes I did catch that thread - thank you though! Uplifting scriptures, ball caps, and keychains ….

18 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Have you ever seen pictures of their living space? Now imagine that even 5 passengers on every cruise gives the steward a hat.  Where on earth is s/he supposed to even put them?

I've seen a few videos and I agree.  The only "gifts" I will ever give a crew member is cash and positive mentions on comment cards/surveys.  And I definitely won't be handing out anything religious to people who may not share the same beliefs.

• Like 4