How to upgrade classic drinks package?

Gimpfacemctavish

I second this.  We sailed in September on a premium package and had a tough time.  This time we are on a classic package and plan to just pay the difference per drink.  And when I say premium was hard to find I mean they were brining $6 bottles of wine to the table knowing we both had premium.  You can add it at any time during the cruise if you find what you are looking for is actually on board.  

• Like 1

What are the differences - would anyone be able to give me more info on what beers, wines and cocktails are included in each package? Looking to book a cruise that includes the Classic Drinks package but would really like to know what's included!

3 minutes ago, katjoeus said:

What are the differences - would anyone be able to give me more info on what beers, wines and cocktails are included in each package? Looking to book a cruise that includes the Classic Drinks package but would really like to know what's included!

Here is link to the info

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Unless you qualify for a discount that must be taken before sailing (such as one gets upon reaching Elite), you may as well wait until you are on board. You can upgrade at any bar. Not only do you get to see what's offered, you also make big friends with the bartender. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 4:32 AM, Gimpfacemctavish said:

We have the classic drinks package included in our fare but I can’t for the life of me see a way to upgrade??? It just shows me the full prices??? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I asked my TA about this and she said we can upgrade for $12 per person per day (plus gratuities); it's definitely cheaper to do it BEFORE you go. I know people are saying not all Premium drinks are actually available, but I think it'll be worth it for us anyway, considering Premium also includes freshly pressed orange juice (which we love), premium coffees (I always find the regular coffee on cruises pretty disgusting) and waters (which we drink by the gallon on cruises!), so I think it'll be worth it for us.

2 hours ago, katjoeus said:

I asked my TA about this and she said we can upgrade for $12 per person per day (plus gratuities);

It used to be $12, but it is usually $20 + gratuities now, so if you can actually get it for $12, it isn’t so bad. 

On 2/4/2023 at 8:28 PM, chimchimtx said:

I second this.  We sailed in September on a premium package and had a tough time.  This time we are on a classic package and plan to just pay the difference per drink.  And when I say premium was hard to find I mean they were brining $6 bottles of wine to the table knowing we both had premium.  You can add it at any time during the cruise if you find what you are looking for is actually on board.  

That's exactly what we ran into on NCL when we sailed in December and had upgraded to their premium drink package. We would go the specialty restaurants and ask for the premium wine list, and it was a pain to get it most of the time, or many of the premium wines were sold out. We we being given lower quality beverages, even at the bars when they knew us, they'd give us cocktails with the well liquor, unless we'd order with brand name liquors, and that was just annoying. I don't like to be that person saying, "A Grey Goose in my cocktail, please." I feel like once they know you have the premium package they should be upgrading your liquors as such. Especially when I would point it out when I would sit down at the bar. And even ask what the premium options were. And then they'd serve me well drinks. I am sticking with the classic package on Celebrity because of things like you said. I don't see it being much different. Yes, you can get upgraded liquors and wines, but it's not seamless on either cruise line.

Edited by njsmom