Wrist bands??

doones2

Wrist bands are only available on newer ships, Meraviglia and later.  Aurea and Yacht Club experiences get wrist bands and regular cards.  Bella and Fantastica experiences can purchase the wrist bands for a nominal fee.

Personally I dislike the wrist band just for physical reasons, my partner prefers it. 

You'll need the card anyways for getting on and off the ship.  If you keep forgetting your card in the slot near your cabin door your cabin steward will get frustrated thinking you are always in the cabin.  If it bothers you, supposedly they track the wrist bands as you move around the ship (not sure how/if the RFI technology differs from what is in the cards).  I'm not referring to the other covid contact tracing bracelets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Até said:

Wrist bands are only available on newer ships, Meraviglia and later.  Aurea and Yacht Club experiences get wrist bands and regular cards.  Bella and Fantastica experiences can purchase the wrist bands for a nominal fee.

We were Fantastica on Meraviglia in November.  We were unable to purchase wrist bands.  The reason customer services gave was that it is “better for the environment” so they did away with wrist bands.  We loved the wrist bands in 2019 on both Meraviglia and Seaside.  I hope we can purchase them on Seascape in March - Fantastica again…  Will report on my live review at that time. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, eagletwo said:

We were told by the Meraviglia hotel manager the wristbands cost $15 each to make. Not worth it to produce them for the entire ship outside the Yacht Club. 

Somewhat pointless spending millions on RFID technology for the ship's then.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Somewhat pointless spending millions on RFID technology for the ship's then.

The cruise cards themselves are still RFID on the smart ships. All MSC blank cruise cards are pre-punched so folks won’t ruin the RFID.

Dennis

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

The cruise cards themselves are still RFID on the smart ships. All MSC blank cruise cards are pre-punched so folks won’t ruin the RFID.

Dennis

Cannot believe that the wristbands were one use only.