Vibe Beach Club questions….

cruisinpips

Just read this thread and I said screw it.   So I booked the vibe for myself and my wife.  Gonna be on the Getaway during President’s week.  Pretty sure it’s sold out.  We’ll see if it was worth it.  I’m guessing it will.  

I was confused if I should get a cabana.  Not sure if I read it wrong.  Thought initially it was 589$ a person but then it said it comes along with vibe access for two.  So is it 589 for two?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deacon22 said:

Just read this thread and I said screw it.   So I booked the vibe for myself and my wife.  Gonna be on the Getaway during President’s week.  Pretty sure it’s sold out.  We’ll see if it was worth it.  I’m guessing it will.  

I was confused if I should get a cabana.  Not sure if I read it wrong.  Thought initially it was 589$ a person but then it said it comes along with vibe access for two.  So is it 589 for two?

$589 for two.

So I called my cruise consultant and asked him to cancel the passes I bought online and give me a cabana instead since it has the extra pass and was only 89$ more.  Only problem is I have two rooms.  My son is staying with me in one balcony cabin and in the adjoining room is my wife and daughter.  He said although the extra pass is for your roommate, since my son is too young I can go to the shore excursion desk in board and just have them add my wife to the vibe access. Hope he’s right. 😬

On 2/7/2023 at 5:23 PM, raejc said:

Great thread - quick question. Have any of you sailed in December on the Bliss on the pacific itinerary with vibe passes?

We are trying to determine if the $500USD is worth it, as it may be too cold to use other than on port days...

Thanks a bunch! 

We just got back from a 15-night on the Bliss. We had 5 days where it was too windy/cool to even use the Vibe. Several days where we were underway in light seas, little wind but lots of sun, they wouldn't open any of the umbrellas. Another 2 days the hot tub wasn't working. They refused to give anything for the unusable days - not OBC nor even an "We're sorry..." And, in case you've not seen it, the daybeds are packed so closely together you have to enter/exit across all the people to the end of the row. We paid nearly $600 for the 2 of us and maybe actually used it a total of 2 hours altogether. So, no. IMHO it is not worth it.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, MemawP said:

We just got back from a 15-night on the Bliss. We had 5 days where it was too windy/cool to even use the Vibe. Several days where we were underway in light seas, little wind but lots of sun, they wouldn't open any of the umbrellas. Another 2 days the hot tub wasn't working. They refused to give anything for the unusable days - not OBC nor even an "We're sorry..." And, in case you've not seen it, the daybeds are packed so closely together you have to enter/exit across all the people to the end of the row. We paid nearly $600 for the 2 of us and maybe actually used it a total of 2 hours altogether. So, no. IMHO it is not worth it.

I’m hoping I get some use out of it.  I went with the cabana for the extra 89$.  Kids are off from school in NY so I’m expecting it to be packed.   Figure if I can use it two hours a day just to have some peace and quiet, it’s worth it.  

I’m just back from the Breakaway. 2 of us did Vibe and were very disappointed. Most days incredibly windy, so no umbrella shade, and one day no lounge pads. The wind was so strong you needed to hold on to all belongings and only hats that tied to your head were safe. I feel like it could have been great space but maybe on a lower deck. Also, loungers are only option for seating other than barstools. Not everyone’s back can appreciate a lounger 12” off the ground. I would have loved a few table-chair setups. The staff there were wonderful but we just didn’t find the space useable or comfortable. We’d pop in for drinks and leave. 

• Like 1

Are the Vibe passes now being sold at 120 days out?   We were fortunate to grab them immediately for our two 2024 cruises when they first changed the procedure.    Now, we have a 2025 sailing booked and I was told they can be purchased at 120 days out.     Anyone have any recent success at securing them out of the 120 days?

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Are the Vibe passes now being sold at 120 days out?   We were fortunate to grab them immediately for our two 2024 cruises when they first changed the procedure.    Now, we have a 2025 sailing booked and I was told they can be purchased at 120 days out.     Anyone have any recent success at securing them out of the 120 days?

I wonder if this is becoming the new normal because it makes more sense for NCL.

It eliminates the ability to pass on a sail date if the Vibe is sold out when shopping itineraries/dates (something I and other posters admit we would do). Now instead of the old “race to board first” to get the Vibe it will become the battle of the midnight 120- day checkin. If you check in too late and the Vibe is sold out you’re locked into a cruise that can’t be canceled without penalty.  

Instead of foot speed it’s going to come down to internet speed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Which ship?  FWIW, it appears no Viva sailings have Vibe available yet.

15 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

I wonder if this is becoming the new normal because it makes more sense for NCL.

It eliminates the ability to pass on a sail date if the Vibe is sold out when shopping itineraries/dates (something I and other posters admit we would do). Now instead of the old “race to board first” to get the Vibe it will become the battle of the midnight 120- day checkin. If you check in too late and the Vibe is sold out you’re locked into a cruise that can’t be canceled without penalty.  

I hope you are wrong.  I hope they treat it more like an excursion and appreciate getting the money sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

We booked one in late December for March 2024, so probably 15-16 months out. Got vibe while on the phone booking the cruise. 

5 minutes ago, itsnotjustme said:

While I have sailed on NCL 8 times totaling 74 nights, and will reach Saphire next cruise, yet I don't know what the Vibe is.....

Lol.  Basically a small area where you pay so no one can get in with you and you can have a lounge chair and get a drink in less than two minutes. 😁. I’m sure I wasted 589$. 

2 hours ago, MCMC100 said:

I really hope not.  If we cannot purchase them in advance of final payment, I will cancel, get my CNC back and proceed with a Plan B.

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Which ship?  FWIW, it appears no Viva sailings have Vibe available yet.

I hope you are wrong.  I hope they treat it more like an excursion and appreciate getting the money sooner rather than later.

The Viva so I appreciate you letting me know they have not started selling the Viva Vibe passes yet.    We will not go on a larger ship without them.  Our success rate is 100% when we had to run for them (actually, our two young adult children sprinted for them).

42 minutes ago, Juncti said:

We booked one in late December for March 2024, so probably 15-16 months out. Got vibe while on the phone booking the cruise. 

Thank you for letting me know.  What ship are you on?

5 minutes ago, Deacon22 said:

Lol.  Basically a small area where you pay so no one can get in with you and you can have a lounge chair and get a drink in less than two minutes. 😁. I’m sure I wasted 589$. 

In our experience,  it has always been worth every penny--especially with a full ship with a lot of children. 

35 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

In our experience,  it has always been worth every penny--especially with a full ship with a lot of children. 

That’s what I’m hoping.  I don’t mind spending the extra money for some quiet.  Just hope it works out.  I have two rooms because I’m traveling with my wife and two teens. My wife had to be in one room and I in the other.  When I tried to add my wife to the vibe they said just do it at the excursion desk.  I always like having things planned out in advance. Therefore no surprises like the “I’m sorry, it’s only for someone in your room.  You can’t transfer it over to another stateroom guest” that I fully expect to hear. 

5 minutes ago, Deacon22 said:

That’s what I’m hoping.  I don’t mind spending the extra money for some quiet.  Just hope it works out.  I have two rooms because I’m traveling with my wife and two teens. My wife had to be in one room and I in the other.  When I tried to add my wife to the vibe they said just do it at the excursion desk.  I always like having things planned out in advance. Therefore no surprises like the “I’m sorry, it’s only for someone in your room.  You can’t transfer it over to another stateroom guest” that I fully expect to hear. 

Because you booked a cabana, right?   I agree you will have no issue getting her the second pass but I would think you would need to go to guest services when you board and not the excursion desk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you for letting me know.  What ship are you on?

Breakaway.

Also another benefit I like on top of the ones discussed already is the pair of bathrooms for the Vibe. There super close by and pretty much always clean. So on top of less noise and chaos, padded loungers, and private bar, you get that pair of bathrooms

Also you're never without towels. There's like a wall of them. Very convenient if you like using the "hot" tubs. (they're very rarely hot)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Juncti said:

Breakaway.

Also another benefit I like on top of the ones discussed already is the pair of bathrooms for the Vibe. There super close by and pretty much always clean. So on top of less noise and chaos, padded loungers, and private bar, you get that pair of bathrooms

Also you're never without towels. There's like a wall of them. Very convenient if you like using the "hot" tubs. (they're very rarely hot)

And do not forget the water they serve!  For some reason, I love when they bring the carafe over to me while lounging out in the sun.  

• Like 2