Carnival Luminosa- Diversion

Currently on Luminosa en route Lifou. Made a 180 degree turn 30-40 minutes ago.

Captain just announced they are monitoring the Tropical Low in Coral Sea and working on options and will provide further details in morning.

This may turn into a 7 day trip to nowhere. Doesn’t bother us, as we cruise for the ship first and destinations second.

• Like 4

Wow - hopefully you will be able to keep out of the path of the cyclone but expect the seas will be rough (not that it would bother me as seem to be non-seasick prone).

Carnival not having a good trot as there was a post that Splendor had a diversion as well (medical emergency).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

$200 obc plus 50% cruise credit offered. 

For those that scored the deals, they are well in front. There were promos for $240pp twin balcony with $500 OBC. That turns into $700 OBC and $120pp cruise credit for a $480 fare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

For those that scored the deals, they are well in front. There were promos for $240pp twin balcony with $500 OBC. That turns into $700 OBC and $120pp cruise credit for a $480 fare.

The 50% cruise credit applies to the cruise fare only, not including port taxes and charges. The taxes on those fares are $186 each. Still coming out well in front though😊

• Like 2

My last Luminosa booking was just over $200 balcony for 7 days. This was around $20 plus port charges and taxes. So credit would only be $10. Does anyone know if you get refunded port charges if you don't go to that port due to unfavorable weather and out of hands of ship, ie. not a ship problem.

18 minutes ago, kaseyoz said:

No bonus or refund for us on Quantum, 

but weather is great, heading for hobart and two days in sydney.

some jumped ship so numbers are down onboard.

I wonder why they jumped ship?  Not happy with missed ports?

Edited by NSWP

34 minutes ago, kaseyoz said:

A shore tour home to drop off your excess luggage?

1 hour ago, kaseyoz said:

I'm pleased to hear they gave people the option to jump ship. If I paid all that money to go to the South Pacific, I wouldn't want to spend it in Sydney/Hobart. I'm a destination cruiser and any shipboard life I might enjoy is a bonus, not a major reason for cruising.

• Like 1

Yeah, you guys came all the way down to Coffs Harbour & passed Splendor, Hope the wonderful staff looked after you..

The only strange thing was your first destination was Lifou & you guys where 50Nm from Noumea, was suprised they didn't go in to the harbour at Noumea or go on to Lifou & the main island of New Caledonia would have protected you from the Cyclone, until it passed a couple days later.

But better to be safe then sorry...