Cocktails---Free at Sea

amberdc87

What cocktails are included in the Free at Sea drink package?  I found the list of beers, spirits, wine and such....but cannot for the life of me figure out what actual cocktails are included?  I'm trying to see if it's worth it to upgrade to the premium package.

Forgive me if this has been asked, but i've searched and cannot find an answer.

3 hours ago, amberdc87 said:

So am I correct in reading that almost any cocktail (under $15) will be included in the basic, I just cannot say which liquor it's made with?

If you like "basic" cocktails, and you are not picky about the alcohol used, then you will be fine with the regular (basic) package.  Those priced over $15, will be charged the difference.

Example: Most martinis are $17(or more). You would be charged $2.00+, plus 20%, additional per drink.

50 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you like "basic" cocktails, and you are not picky about the alcohol used, then you will be fine with the regular (basic) package.  Those priced over $15, will be charged the difference.

Example: Most martinis are $17(or more). You would be charged $2.00+, plus 20%, additional per drink.

Awesome.  That is what I thought.  Thank you 🙂

• Like 1

3EDD2B8B-0BCB-474A-A7A4-EC416186115A.thumb.png.f698514dacf9e55c40c263d5e9b84412.png

You can specify the liquor with no charge as long as the choice is one of the many options in the FAS category.  Most of the common liquors are included in the FAS package. Some top shelf liquor, many wines and a few other items have an up charge ranging from $1 and up (one or two odd things have a $1 up charge, such as Baileys and Crown Royal.  This is a great mystery to the world because they are generally not viewed as top shelf, but nonetheless.)

The bars have cocktail menus and there is the “Drink of the Day” but the bartenders will make just about anything. You’re not limited to the cocktail menu. I usually ask them to surprise me and see what they make. 

• Like 2

I had Margaritas, MaiTais, the Mango Meltdown frozen drink, mojitos, Bloody Marys, and lots and lots of Tito’s and Tonics. You can ask for anything and call your liquor. I find ordering a less complex drink or a shot is quicker & easier unless you are in a bar that specializes in that type of drink.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:08 PM, amberdc87 said:

What cocktails are included in the Free at Sea drink package?  I found the list of beers, spirits, wine and such....but cannot for the life of me figure out what actual cocktails are included?  I'm trying to see if it's worth it to upgrade to the premium package.

The package covers the first $15 of your drink purchase. You pay the difference if you go over. For most standard drinks are under $15. I have never exceeded $15. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 2/8/2023 at 2:08 AM, amberdc87 said:

For us as we’re not big drinkers that regular plan was fine on January getaway. My wife actually asked for half the alcohol in her drinks and sometimes just a virgin drink towards evening end. The mojitos bar has excellent mojitos the satellite blast off drink and ginger mojitos were excellent. The painkillers by the pool with Myers’s dark rum floater are excellent too. Gin is Bombay perfect for gin and tonic. Red stripe beer and corona very good and Stella on draft by pool too! Absolutely best drink ever was Matador in the O Sheehan pub bar but only there as elsewhere it was terrible. Long Island ice tea were a disaster.
Frozen drinks by pool pre made in my opinion to be avoided. Great thing to do is ask others what they are drinking?
Also check out the individual bar menus available in each bar!

By Cagney is a bar with cosmos and many enjoying em.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:41 AM, amberdc87 said:

So am I correct in reading that almost any cocktail (under $15) will be included in the basic, I just cannot say which liquor it's made with?

Quite the opposite.  I would tell them what liquor you want so they don’t use the cheap stuff.   Very rarely it won’t be included.  

1 hour ago, Arrow34 said:

Is there a full list of overed scotches?  Is Macallan "Enigma" available to order?  I saw it on the premium plus whiskey list as being available in the whiskey bar?  

The list posted above is not all inclusive, nor a guarantee as to availability of the listed liquor on a specific ship at a specified time. They will have a variety of “high end” liquor onboard. I seems to vary by ship and itinerary based on the availability at the distributer on the day the ship was stocked in port. 

I am very certain Enigma was on the Getaway when I sailed in January. I was able to enjoy a few nice bourbons on my cruise. Hopefully you can complete your Quest.