Carnival Panorama debarkation

MissesB4409

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find the topic for it. Is there self-debarkation for the panorama and/or what would be some of the earliest times to debark? My sister and her family are going with us on our upcoming cruise, and my sister has to be to work on the day we get off the ship. Is it feasible that she would be off the ship, out of the port and on the freeway home by 10am? Thanks in Advance.

We were on Panorama in September.  According to my Uber receipts, we were off the ship and in the car by 7:54 am.  We do priority debarkation (because we are platinum) but if you have an early flight or other urgency, you can go to guest services and they will usually allow you into the priority debarkation group (if you aren't platinum/diamond). 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

We were on Panorama in September.  According to my Uber receipts, we were off the ship and in the car by 7:54 am.  We do priority debarkation (because we are platinum) but if you have an early flight or other urgency, you can go to guest services and they will usually allow you into the priority debarkation group (if you aren't platinum/diamond). 

Thanks for the info. She definitely won't have platinum or priority boarding or debarkation, but she would be willing to do the self-debark if that helped her get off sooner.

I don't live too far from you (around 45 min or so) and it took us 5 hours each way but I push it and keep it moving 😁. You should be able to get off by 9:30 doing self debark and figure 5.5-6 hours to get home (to be safe). One issue is that the schedule has changed with Cabo being last, this removes the extra sea day from the Cabo first schedule and the leisurely cruise back to LBC. The new schedule (Cabo last) kinda forces the ship to hightail it back so it may not get back as early as the Cabo first schedule. It's possible that you may not even start debarking until 9-9:30 (even later if there is some issue) and that would push back the time to actually walk off the ship (without priority debark). You may want to look into FTTF or have a back up plan just in case. If she works the evening then it's doable but I'd say 6PM ETA @ home worse case scenario and 3:30 ETA home a best case scenario.          

I was on Panorama in January and the self-debark passengers started being called by muster station number at about 8:30 AM.  After all the muster stations were called for self-debark, they had diamond, suites and platinum debark, then started calling the rest of the luggage tag numbers.  I am diamond and was off the ship at 9:15.  The self-debark people were long gone by then.

Edited by nwcruiselover

59 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I was on Panorama in January and the self-debark passengers started being called by muster station number at about 8:30 AM.  After all the muster stations were called for self-debark, they had diamond, suites and platinum debark, then started calling the rest of the luggage tag numbers.  I am diamond and was off the ship at 9:15.  The self-debark people were long gone by then.

I'm thinking this is probably going to be the best option for her. Thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I don't live too far from you (around 45 min or so) and it took us 5 hours each way but I push it and keep it moving 😁. You should be able to get off by 9:30 doing self debark and figure 5.5-6 hours to get home (to be safe). One issue is that the schedule has changed with Cabo being last, this removes the extra sea day from the Cabo first schedule and the leisurely cruise back to LBC. The new schedule (Cabo last) kinda forces the ship to hightail it back so it may not get back as early as the Cabo first schedule. It's possible that you may not even start debarking until 9-9:30 (even later if there is some issue) and that would push back the time to actually walk off the ship (without priority debark). You may want to look into FTTF or have a back up plan just in case. If she works the evening then it's doable but I'd say 6PM ETA @ home worse case scenario and 3:30 ETA home a best case scenario.          

My sister lives and works in Las Vegas, so its about 4 hours for her, but I think she has to be at work by 2pm

5 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I did the diamond/platinum self debark on the Panorama in Nov and this group was the first off the ship right around 8 am. 

14 hours ago, MissesB4409 said:

My sister lives and works in Las Vegas, so its about 4 hours for her, but I think she has to be at work by 2pm

That is cutting it very close, it may be four hours with no traffic to Vegas but on a Saturday morning it will surely have traffic from all the SoCal folks heading over to Vegas. It'll probably be more like 5.5-6 hours (maybe more) on a Saturday.