Shuttle from Ravenna cruise port to Train station?

mcgrate

Q for anyone who has been to Ravenna port.  Is there a shuttle or bus transfer into the town/city to access the train station please?

If not, are there taxi's and any approx. prices?

Cruising RCCL and want to book a train from Ravenna to Venice to fly home.

5 hours ago, mcgrate said:

Q for anyone who has been to Ravenna port.  Is there a shuttle or bus transfer into the town/city to access the train station please?

If not, are there taxi's and any approx. prices?

Cruising RCCL and want to book a train from Ravenna to Venice to fly home.

I haven't done it, but I know there is no train to Marco Polo Airport.  You either have to go taxi or bus.  The train goes from Santa Lucia to Mestre, but doesn't go to the airport.  I was told to contact the cruise line to ask about a bus transfer to the airport.

RCCL offers a shuttle to the Ravenna train station, call them to get the specifics (but don't be surprised if the folks answering the phones don't have a clue).

You could also go on the Cruise Critic RCCL forum and ask there.  

If you are staying in Venice proper the Santa Lucia station is probably best, if you are headed directly to the airport Venice Mestre makes more sense.

Edited by euro cruiser

8 hours ago, mcgrate said:

thanks all I have been to venice before so no issues getting around there.  Its just getting from cruise port to train station in Ravenna thats the unknown 🙂

Sorry, I misunderstood (misread) your OP.  The only thing I could find was taxi from the port to the train station.

Edited by MobiusHky

Don't know which ship you're on, but the Brilliance had transfers to the Ravenna train station last summer. See reply #27 in the thread below:

Ravenna - Does Royal Caribbean offer shuttles to Bologna and Venice airports on disembarkation day? - Page 2 - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

On 2/14/2023 at 9:15 AM, mcgrate said:

thanks all I have been to venice before so no issues getting around there.  Its just getting from cruise port to train station in Ravenna thats the unknown 🙂

$10pp shuttle from Ravenna train station 🚉 to ship 🚢 last year. Assume may be a little more $$ this year? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 7:47 AM, little britain said:

Last years info FYI 

E1E88F89-71DB-48E6-8F27-9BEB2D2F69C6.jpeg

What time did the ship dock in Ravenna for this disembark?  Do you know if the ship allows passengers to book the 6:30AM  (instead of the 7:00AM) airport transfer if the flight is 12:20-12:59pm? 

11 hours ago, GenericBob said:

What time did the ship dock in Ravenna for this disembark?  Do you know if the ship allows passengers to book the 6:30AM  (instead of the 7:00AM) airport transfer if the flight is 12:20-12:59pm? 

I booked my Ravenna to Venice Airport (VCE) with Royal Caribbean about one month ago.  When I booked it, I did not get to pick the time for the shuttle bus I desired.  They ask for and record your flight information -- departure time, airline, flight number, and destination (not sure why on this one).  I assume that info will be used onboard to assign us to the shuttle time that they desire (not what I desire).  

You could do some research and find an earlier flight and "pretend" to be on that earlier flight if you wished to get assigned to the earlier shuttle.  I don't think they verify with the airlines at all.

2 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

You could do some research and find an earlier flight and "pretend" to be on that earlier flight if you wished to get assigned to the earlier shuttle.  I don't think they verify with the airlines at all.

If you do this, remember that they will allow more time for flights that require passport control at Venice than those that go to another airport within the Schengen area before going on to the final destination.

So be careful not to replace a flight with a three hour pre-flight wait (such as a direct to North America flight) with one that has only a two hour wait (a connection with a first stop in France, for example), unless the decoy flight is more than an hour prior to the actual one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 7:47 AM, little britain said:

Last years info FYI 

E1E88F89-71DB-48E6-8F27-9BEB2D2F69C6.jpeg

Thank you this topic seem so challenging to sort. One would think Royal would just step up and provide clear info for those of us considering a cruise out or Ravenna.  Factoring in Int’l flights is also challenging. Venice was so much easier.  We did it several a times.

1 hour ago, SConnolly said:

Thank you this topic seem so challenging to sort. One would think Royal would just step up and provide clear info for those of us considering a cruise out or Ravenna.  Factoring in Int’l flights is also challenging. Venice was so much easier.  We did it several a times.

There is a city bus but it doesn’t go to/from the train station 🚉 

https://www.turismo.ra.it/en/useful-services/shuttle-bus-ravenna-porto-corsini-cruise-terminal/

9 hours ago, little britain said:

There is a city bus but it doesn’t go to/from the train station 🚉 

https://www.turismo.ra.it/en/useful-services/shuttle-bus-ravenna-porto-corsini-cruise-terminal/

I feel like I'm dancing on the head of a pin here, but I don't want to confuse people either.

The link above is not the city bus, it's a shuttle.  There is a city bus from the train station to the port but it drops off on the street outside the port while the shuttle bus goes to the terminal building.  So it's a little bit of pick your poison, a short walk to the bus in Ravenna with the shuttle (if you're not staying at one of the pickup hotels), or a short walk to the terminal at the port with the city bus.

The city bus schedule is here:  RA_Linea_90_inv22-23.pdf (startromagna.it)

For what it's worth, two of the hotels they list are all right near the train station.  For example, from the train station to the NH hotel is 300 meters/two-tenths of a mile on foot from the station.

Edited by euro cruiser