How Does the photo package work?

6 minutes ago, lzmom_of_twins said:

My family is split into 2 rooms. Can I just get the 100 photo package for all of us? I'm hoping that I dont need to buy multiple packages. 

You will have to be in the pictures you want. Facial recognition.  .. except grandeur is too old. 

The packages you are able to buy must be assigned to your cabin. To view them you tap your seapass card at the computer stands and all the pictures show up. You can then buy the whole package or just one for $19.95. To get around this issue have everyone agree to tell the photographer the same room whenever a picture is taken. The photographers wont ask for proof they just enter the code on their digital cameras. Then at the end of the cruise all pictures in the group will be in one place if your in them or not. However, someone from your room will have to be there to view them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few years back, on Celebrity, they did extend the unlimited photo package to include MINOR children in another cabin. This meant any photo with anyone in our cabin or anyone in my younger daughter's cabin was included in the package. I am not sure whether pictures of my older daughter (who was not a minor) and her friend (in a third cabin) would have been included had they had any taken by themselves. 

As a practical matter, we've found that if the person with the package hands over their card at the beginning of a posing session, all the pictures of every permutation of the group wind up in the pile, whether or not the person who buys the package is in the photo.

Or maybe it's my daughter's charm. She goes daily to pick up prints and have them added to her folder. I think by the end they would let her take any prints she wanted. She always ends up with pictures of herself with the photographers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The photo package is probably the biggest on board rip off of anything you can buy.

I respect your opinion, and respectfully disagree. 🙂 We get the 100 digital photo package for at least one cruise per year, and we consider it a great investment. But we never purchase beverage packages and seldom get dining packages, so ... different strokes for different folks!

• Like 4