Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

Am I the first one to notice this? I found that in one of my upcoming sailings, the coffee card that I had in my shopping card had a note attached. Sold out or not available or something like that. So I went into my cruise personalizer and confirmed, it's really not there!

I guess I will purchase it on board, using my OBC. Not a big deal, just ANOTHER change to know about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Am I the first one to notice this? I found that in one of my upcoming sailings, the coffee card that I had in my shopping card had a note attached. Sold out or not available or something like that. So I went into my cruise personalizer and confirmed, it's really not there!

I guess I will purchase it on board, using my OBC. Not a big deal, just ANOTHER change to know about.

Maybe it’s unavailable until they can increase the price on their website? Other things such as specialty dining & internet have recently increased in price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

I don’t see it any more on the onboard services.  Glad I have ordered mine for all my cruises, so far.

Wonder if it is an error or an update?  Might have happened during their update last weekend.  Strange to remove it first, before a price change.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Are they reading cruise critic where some posters state coffee card is useless to them?? Not useless to me

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Are they reading cruise critic where some posters state coffee card is useless to them?? Not useless to me

When I sail without Princess Plus (which may be my default now that they raised the price again and since I can get half price wifi) I always buy the coffee package....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Surely they aren’t about to delete the cards and make you buy the premier or other drink package to get them! I will not be a happy camper if that is what we are seeing. 

I sure hope not!  
I’ve sent a message to the onboard services team to see what is going on.

I will post if any response, IF I do get a reply.  I’m hoping it was a repricing error from IT last weekend. IDK

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I sure hope not!  
I’ve sent a message to the onboard services team to see what is going on.

I will post if any response, IF I do get a reply.  I’m hoping it was a repricing error from IT last weekend. IDK

I’ve asked people in the Emerald “Live From” thread whether they’re able to purchase them onboard or trade elite bar setups for them. I’m post here also if I receive an answer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some time this week the “New Grounds Coffee Packages” were removed from the Princess pre-cruise purchase options under the onboard reservation tab. We discovered this after a family member traveling with us on an upcoming voyage had one in his cart but had forgot to pay for it. We went to his booking to pay for it and it show its “Out of Stock”. After looking deeper the packages are no longer offered on the website. 
I called Princess 800# just now and was told we could only purchase it pre-cruise as part of the more expensive beverage packages but that we may be able to purchase the coffee packages once onboard. No explanation was available as to why they are no longer for sale online. 

Anyone onboard now could you please ask whether they are available to purchase onboard?  
Thanks

No reply to my question in the live from thread. I called the 800# and learned it’s no longer available precruise but can be purchased as part of the large beverage packages. Said May can purchase them onboard. 
I have started a new thread on the problem. 

7 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Some time this week the “New Grounds Coffee Packages” were removed from the Princess pre-cruise purchase options under the onboard reservation tab. We discovered this after a family member traveling with us on an upcoming voyage had one in his cart but had forgot to pay for it. We went to his booking to pay for it and it show its “Out of Stock”. After looking deeper the packages are no longer offered on the website. 
I called Princess 800# just now and was told we could only purchase it pre-cruise as part of the more expensive beverage packages but that we may be able to purchase the coffee packages once onboard. No explanation was available as to why they are no longer for sale online. 

Anyone onboard now could you please ask whether they are available to purchase onboard?  
Thanks

The soda/soft drink package is also missing.

I wouldn’t believe a phone rep. Seems to me it was caused by a pricing error during the update last weekend.  At least, I hope so.

We like to trade in our Mini bar for the coffee packages.  Not very happy if they take this perk away.

I’ve sent messages to several departments and the IT department to see if this was an error or intentional.  

I will post IF I hear back.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Thanks

The New Grounds Coffee package is still listed on the website along with the soda package.   https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Hopefully, @PacnGoNowis correct and it is just an IT issue causing the disappearance.

ETA: I just realized when you mentioned it being missing from the website, you likely meant from the cruise personalizer view and not the general website.  I would expect them to delete it from the website if it is discontinued.    

Edited by TN-Mountains

13 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

No reply to my question in the live from thread. I called the 800# and learned it’s no longer available precruise but can be purchased as part of the large beverage packages. Said May can purchase them onboard. 
I have started a new thread on the problem. 

Instead of starting a new thread…you could just reply to this thread to keep it live and on top page.  

Mods may combine these 2 threads. Timely to answer 2 threads. Thanks 

• Like 1

I have noticed an issue on some recent cruises where the coffee packages have caused some confusion when ordering drinks on board.  I usually have a coffee package, but do not get any other kind of drink package.  On my most recent 5 cruises on 3 different ships I found myself ordering a drink and having the waiter go oh you have a package followed by me having to explain to the waiters that no I did not have a package, only the coffee card. Found this out when ordering a soft drink by the can and the waiters tryng to explain that a can was not available with the package only the fountain.

So apparently there is an issue with how the coffee card was being shown, creating confusion.  During this time I noticed that I was not charged for some drinks.  So I would not be surprised if this might be a driver with what is happening.

2 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

The New Grounds Coffee package is still listed on the website along with the soda package.   https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Hopefully, @PacnGoNowis correct and it is just an IT issue causing the disappearance.

That’s a error link. You may be looking at informational pages?  

If you have a booking, go into your cruise personalizer, onboard services, beverage packages, it no longer shows the coffee or soda packages to purchase.

I just posted this on the other stream but now with 2 I will post it hear as well

I have noticed an issue on some recent cruises where the coffee packages have caused some confusion when ordering drinks on board.  I usually have a coffee package, but do not get any other kind of drink package.  On my most recent 5 cruises on 3 different ships I found myself ordering a drink and having the waiter go oh you have a package followed by me having to explain to the waiters that no I did not have a package, only the coffee card. Found this out when ordering a soft drink by the can and the waiters tryng to explain that a can was not available with the package only the fountain.

So apparently there is an issue with how the coffee card was being shown, creating confusion.  During this time I noticed that I was not charged for some drinks.  So I would not be surprised if this might be a driver with what is happening.

2 minutes ago, ldtr said:

Was the confusion at the IC?  We didn’t have any issues, they could see what we had.  But, we used the IC.  So many new employees, but they need to learn.

15 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

Yes it is still described as though it’s available but if you go to the personalizer to add one it’s no longer there. 

Sorry if starting this second thread caused confusion but I wanted to also ask for help from anyone onboard to see if they can get them or not 

23 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was the confusion at the IC?  We didn’t have any issues, they could see what we had.  But, we used the IC.  So many new employees, but they need to learn.

No the confusion was with all of the other waiters around the ship. The confusion was not with getting coffee, it was when ordering drinks not covered by the coffee package. They would look on their device and say that we had a package and canned soft drinks were not available only fountain.  I would then have to explain that no I did not have a drink package, only the coffee card, and then they would go get the drink.  Had a couple that did not mention anything just went and got a fountain soft drink.  I also noticed that I was not charged for a couple of alcoholic drinks so the confusion was not just with the soft drinks.  

This happened on 5 different cruises on 3 different ships (Crown, Ruby, Discovery) so it would seem  something systemic with how the coffee package is displayed on their devices.

Edited by ldtr

43 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Instead of starting a new thread…you could just reply to this thread to keep it live and on top page.  

Mods may combine these 2 threads. Timely to answer 2 threads. Thanks 

sorry if i cause confusion with the second thread but I thought it was important to try to get anyone onboard now to perhaps determine if the coffee package can be purchased onboard as suggested by the agent on the Princess 800 #. 

42 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I just posted this on the other stream but now with 2 I will post it hear as well

Took us 4 orders to realise that soda in a can draws an extra charge ( over fountain soda)...must be more vigilant.....love to know the reason why - besides the obvious profit margin reason.

Quite galling really, having a package and not getting even close to the limit, to be charged extra for coke in a can.