Beer at the Pizza place

bartleby112

So I was bored, watching vidoes on youtube about cheers etc.  One of the tips was "go to the pizza place to get pizza and beer. they don't open the can or bottle".  They were saying you can take the beer and bring it back to save it for later.  take to shore etc. 

So is that true? they have beer after hours at the Pizza place on carnival?

5 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

Never seen beer at the pizza place but haven't been on every ship either. Nor do I go to the pizza place much. 

yeah. same here. i've never once seen someone walk up and grab a beer.  The video perhaps was hinting that after all the bars close, but pizza is still open (which might not be the case any more since i think they close now) they had beer there for people.  I'm not 23 any more and staying up till 5am drinking and eating pizza lol

6 hours ago, bartleby112 said:

So is that true? they have beer after hours at the Pizza place on carnival?

Hi @bartleby112🙂

Here's an existing thread on the topic. I'll drop it below. 

I have (asked for) beer at the pizza place in the past & it was available. You have to ask, it is not listed.

🍺 🍕 🍺 🍕 🍺 🍕 🍺 🍕 🍺 

Edited by ObstructedView2

Again, things may have changed since a few years ago, but I distinctly remember cans of beer -- and specifically Angry Orchard -- available at Pizza Pirate.  

Since they were then open 24 hours we joked it was technically the last open bar on the ship.  🙂  

I took this photo in December of 2022 on the Carnival Spirit. It was a reference sheet posted for employees in the pizza place. If it's too small to read, it lists Miller Lite, Peroni, and Blue Moon as available beers.

IMG_20221206_235442__01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, knagl said:

I took this photo in December of 2022 on the Carnival Spirit. It was a reference sheet posted for employees in the pizza place. If it's too small to read, it lists Miller Lite, Peroni, and Blue Moon as available beers.

IMG_20221206_235442__01.jpg

Do they even have a cash register at the pizza place? How do they charge you? Do they use the paper tickets? 

18 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Do they even have a cash register at the pizza place? How do they charge you? Do they use the paper tickets? 

I never bought anything there so no firsthand experience. If they don't have a computer there, it would be easy enough for them to write your folio number down along with whatever it is you're purchasing, and turn it in at the end of the shift to get charged to your account.

22 hours ago, staceyglow said:

There is a computer there. While I was waiting in line for pizza on the Legend last month, kids were coming up and ordering cans of soda on their S&S card.