Hotel suggestions for Prague and Budapest

2cruisecats

We will be in each city 4 nights  before our river cruise and are looking for nice, centrally located (near tourist activities) hotels. I would like to avoid stairs to rooms - I figure my knees will get enough work walking the city -- so that may eliminate some of the boutique hotels.  

Hotel Intercontinental in Budapest.. When we were there, traveling independently, two different cruise lines (Viking and AMA) had desks set up in the lobby.  Very conveniently located, best night-time view ever if you get a room overlooking the river, and wonderful breakfasts included.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Ritz Carlton in Budapest, great club floor.  Perfect location, very close to Kempinski.

For Prague, we stayed at the Marriott, good location but very busy.   I would stay again if the price is right or one has Bonvoy points.   

Edited by chaub

In Prague, we have stayed at the Alcron (wonderful service, restaurant, and bar) and the Marriott (used by Viking--plus very close to public transportation at Republic Square and the Municipal House for performances).

In Budapest we stayed at the Ritz Carlton.  It was used by Crystal Cruises, but we booked independently with Bonvoy points.

• 3 weeks later...

We also used the Marriott in Budapest-June,2022. The upgrade to club level was worth it. Their evening spread was extensive. Breakfast in the dining room was also very nice. 
We had both checked and carryon bags so took a taxi to the ship. It’s walkable but not an easy path.