LIVE from Pursuit, Buenos Aires - Rio, Feb 25-Mar 7

asnaleah

7 hours ago, asnaleah said:

For my fellow wine drinkers - after a discussion with the Sommelier, we decided to purchase a wine package rather than the Ultimate package. The Sommelier was very truthful that some of the listed wines by the glass were either in short supply or missing altogether. I really appreciate his candor and it’s good to know Azamara is not pushing the package. Now, if we were cocktail drinkers, the package would be a good choice.

Thanks for the info. We will stick to the included drinks and wine when we board next week. Bying the Ultimate Package when the wines are not in stock is a downer for us. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, asnaleah said:

I will verify this evening.

If it's still Martin, send him my best wishes, he was very helpful on our Fjords cruise a month ago. I'm the guy who wanted the dessert wine which he sorted for me- think he'll remember me!

Also if your butler is Padam, send him my best too. He will also recall the dessert wine thing since he brought it to my CC suite most nights. Lovely guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Whispering Angel is available as of today. 650 passengers this cruise. Next cruise, Rio-Lisbon is fully booked. We have not yet had a sea day, so I have not felt crowds at all. 

Somehow 'supply chain issues' don't seem to affect Whispering Angel they way they do everything else!  Somebody must have an in.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Somehow 'supply chain issues' don't seem to affect Whispering Angel they way they do everything else!  Somebody must have an in.

Happy about that as that’s the main reason I’ll be upgrading my drink package next month!

• Like 3

A few days in, I have a couple of notes about the ship. The bathroom hooks and clothesline are high on the walls, making it challenging for a short person like me. If DH wasn’t traveling with me, I would need to ask the steward to help me out. The used bath and hand towels are not replaced if nicely rehung. It’s okay, I don’t change my towels at home daily, but sometimes the towels don’t dry properly. I will speak to the steward about it this evening. The food is consistently good, the buffet has vegan and vegetarian options clearly noted. Today was a tender port (Punta del Este), efficiently managed. Very calm seas! 

Our tour today was just okay. It’s very beautiful in Punte del Este, and the beaches are gorgeous. We were here once before and chose a tour inland at an olive grove. Much better than our visit to an artist’s atelier although he was a very interesting man and prolific artist. Hmmm, reading this over before posting, I seem to be complaining a lot. Sorry! We having a beautiful cruise and are so fortunate to be able to see so many different places. 

• Like 6

We’re having a relaxing day at sea. Lots of activities and a lovely brunch served in the MDR. A little windy, but otherwise perfect weather. 

Here’s a very nice thing Azamara does. The following photos are of port highlights and maps for each. 

88FA01D7-D95C-473A-8230-7951BF23C896.thumb.jpeg.fa20cc3079991c113aba2b38038c157a.jpeg45CB1998-3727-41BA-B22A-B821CF10FF3B.thumb.jpeg.522aec1e2c3a15a4d311522e6734c0a7.jpegB38A8722-5E4B-4155-B486-E6D26F503489.thumb.jpeg.307ddd7a00caa0dcd9d9b29ff26baebd.jpeg

Very well done!

• Like 8

I will work on food photos! I try to keep my phone off the dinner table so by the time I think to take pictures, let’s just say the food doesn’t look as nice as when presented! 🤣

We have had delicious food at all venues. Excellent service, even at the buffet. 

• Like 5