Bergen HOHO by port?

nini

We will be on the Sky Princess, docking in Bergen on June 5th. After much research, I think we will casually explore Bergen on our own. I am having a bit of trouble determining if the HOHO bus is available at the dock, or a short distance away. Or are there shuttles to take you into town where we can find a HOHO bus?

Thanks!

Bergen is actually not that big in size for a city. We walked the entire city easily when we visited in June. We had friends that lived there and they showed us around for the day; no need for a hop on bus. It's a great city and you'll love it!

1 hour ago, nansi said:

Bergen is actually not that big in size for a city. We walked the entire city easily when we visited in June. We had friends that lived there and they showed us around for the day; no need for a hop on bus. It's a great city and you'll love it!

Is there a shuttle into town from our dock? We will dock at Jekteviken which is a bit removed.

Based on Google maps the port to the Bryggen houses (middle of harbor tourist area as an example) is 0.9 to 1 mile walking distance.  For me with a sore knee, even that is a stretch to walk but probably most mobile folks would be fine with that, especially if you were planning on walking around town anyway. Bergen is an easy place to walk around since it's so compact for the "tourist" type areas.

~Nancy

image.thumb.png.4d58677dd99d6f3f9baf1b01306185f0.png

9 hours ago, oakridger said:

Based on Google maps the port to the Bryggen houses (middle of harbor tourist area as an example) is 0.9 to 1 mile walking distance.  For me with a sore knee, even that is a stretch to walk but probably most mobile folks would be fine with that, especially if you were planning on walking around town anyway. Bergen is an easy place to walk around since it's so compact for the "tourist" type areas.

~Nancy

image.thumb.png.4d58677dd99d6f3f9baf1b01306185f0.png

I appreciate the info. One mile might be ok. It depends on how energetic I feel that day.

• Like 1