Question about Air-2-Sea Flights

jencruzin

We booked via Air2Sea this time. Our ship returns to Southampton at around 0530, our prebooked bus leaves for LHR at 0700. There is, apparently another bus leaving around 9am, but our flight departs LHR on 16 June at 1230. We'd like to get that 0700 bus, we'd be self-assist debarking, unsure how long it would take though being able to leave the ship to catch that bus.

Is it possible for Air2Sea to arrange us on the next flight at 1625 from LHR to IAD without added cost? Or would I be better off attempting to get on the later flight myself by just calling Virgin Atlantic and arrange it via the airline? I have our booking reference through the airline already.

If you booked through Air2Sea you need to ask them.  If you haven't paid final and the price is the same, MAYBE. BUT they might not have that flight to offer you.

Cruise lines buy these seats months ahead and the airlines give them what they give them.  Just because a carrier has a 4PM flight doesn't mean the cruise line does.

The airline will not change it for you, they can't as Air2Sea is your "travel agent"

I am not sure what the bus times have to do with getting a later flight, unless I missed something or maybe you left out a sentence??  

Edited by megr1125

As stated, your booking belongs to your travel agent, you can't change it yourself, and the flight, as Meg pointed out, may not be available to the cruise line.  I also don't understand why you want to change anything.  Take the 7:00 bus.  

• Like 2

On 2/22/2023 at 12:20 PM, megr1125 said:

If you booked through Air2Sea you need to ask them.  If you haven't paid final and the price is the same, MAYBE. BUT they might not have that flight to offer you.

Cruise lines buy these seats months ahead and the airlines give them what they give them.  Just because a carrier has a 4PM flight doesn't mean the cruise line does.

The airline will not change it for you, they can't as Air2Sea is your "travel agent"

I am not sure what the bus times have to do with getting a later flight, unless I missed something or maybe you left out a sentence??  

Bus times are 0700 and 0900 the day of arriving back to Southampton, but our existing flight is at 1230pm. So I'd rather take that earlier bus!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 11:40 AM, 6rugrats said:

As stated, your booking belongs to your travel agent, you can't change it yourself, and the flight, as Meg pointed out, may not be available to the cruise line.  I also don't understand why you want to change anything.  Take the 7:00 bus.  

Exactly, just hoping the 0530 moored to pier happens, and they let us off as soon as possible. We yet dont know the distance from the pier to the bus terminal. If we make that bus, we'll be just fine.

Is the bus part of a cruiseline transfer or something that is independent?

If the latter, you want the 9am bus to accomodate delays.  And you want a different departure from LHR.

As for what is possible, and at what cost -- no one here would know.  You would have to contact your cruiseline directly because it all depends on the tickets you have and the fare rules involved with those tickets.  Which we don't know - and neither do 99+% of passengers.