Included wines

Ibis

On 3/4/2023 at 3:05 AM, frantic36 said:

I can't attest for all the Sommeliers on all the ships but definitely Our Sommelier on Quest, Phillipe is very knowledgeable about wine. We have enjoyed two wine tasting lunches on board and are looking forward to two more. We haven't gone to all only because sometimes we already knew the wines being served.

I agree we have been fortunate to sail with Philippe many times.  He is very knowledgeable and has always taken very good care of us from finding hidden bottles, to suggestions on the revenue list and back before they made the purchase packages a lot more flexible he would work with me to "substitute" other wines into my package.  He is also a pretty funny guy if you take the time to get to know him.   Always starts my cruise off well if I see he is on-board

For all the comments about revenue wine purchases, I assume they still have the wine packages you can buy where they give anyone regardless of their status a "bonus" bottle based on the total amount of the package.  Combined with the additional 25% that is a very good deal.

Keeping the wine glasses filled is our number one complaint across many cruise lines. If it is a wine-inclusive bit like SB, I often can't help but think they are just controlling costs. However, I do find it better when all the waiters are allowed to pour, rather than just waiting for the Somm to make his way to my table. Crystal (the former!) always had wine folks and food folks, and never the twain did mix. SB thankfully has gone with the less formal approach, though it is still sometimes an issue.

They also tend to avoid the lady, speak only to the man. I've a simple sure for this: "The lady will taste, please".

• Like 4