Majestic back in Sydney

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Bon voyage Geoff and Barb.

Thanks Les.

Smooth embark. Check-in open at 11ish, a short pause in the embarkation area, then on at 11:30ish. Couple of drinks, pizzeria lunch, mustered and settled in by 12:30. Time to kick back and ride some waves.

The old version of the packages has the Bar staff confused with the new version already. Some of the $16 cocktails are now $18, so have gone up to match the new package cap.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

Thanks Les.

Smooth embark. Check-in open at 11ish, a short pause in the embarkation area, then on at 11:30ish. Couple of drinks, pizzeria lunch, mustered and settled in by 12:30. Time to kick back and ride some waves.

The old version of the packages has the Bar staff confused with the new version already. Some of the $16 cocktails are now $18, so have gone up to match the new package cap.

Can you let me know if a Chairman of the board is still in the old package?

Juls

22 hours ago, arxcards said:

Thanks Les.

Hi Geoff,

If you have a chance, could you please check the new price for mocktails like a virgin pina colada or virgin mojito. Also do you know what the new price is for a “Soda and More” package?  No problem if you are busy enjoying your cruise and don’t get around to it.

Julie

11 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Is it just me, or has there been so many more medivacs this season so far?

It isn't just you. Lots more this season.

We are quietly moving south and will rendezvous with a helicopter from the rescue station in Wollongong at 3pm. No helipad on the ship, so the patient will be winched from the aft deck. 

On 2/24/2023 at 1:18 PM, arxcards said:

Thanks Les.

Enjoy your cruise Geoff.

Could you put up some of the new drinks menus please?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The medivac off Wollongong would surely mean a late arrival into Brisvegas, Geoff?

The chopper came from Wollongong Les. We have 3 nights to get from Sydney to Brisbane, so just need to speed up a bit to cover the diversion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

The chopper came from Wollongong Les. We have 3 nights to get from Sydney to Brisbane, so just need to speed up a bit to cover the diversion.

Thanks Geoff, helo was probably Carefight or Westpac Rescue. I wonder how many of these recent medivacs are very serious covid cases, a few I bet.😷

Edited by NSWP

On 2/25/2023 at 5:29 PM, NSWP said:

Thanks Geoff, helo was probably Carefight or Westpac Rescue. I wonder how many of these recent medivacs are very serious covid cases, a few I bet.😷

The helo had Toll logos on it, if that narrows it down.

Not covid so much, but I figure there will be some where covid has messed with pre-existing conditions. In this case, word is that it was a stroke.

Very skilled pilot and crew.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Galesa said:

Quite frankly I'm not really surprised. As a 70 year old I was shocked at how old and quite frail some of the passengers were on our just completed MP cruise. 

Yep same.  Coral Princess was basically a floating nursing home. I’m on Luminosa now and for Carnival I have never seen so many old and frail people. Outside the theatre there are walkers lined up each day. Also they are really cranky on this cruise.

did a couple of shore excursions and so many people can’t walk or take a basic step in/out of a tender. Poor staff have to deal with it all

of course, one guy literally had the woman’s bum on his shoulder trying to get her out of a boat. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Auscruisefam said:

Yep same.  Coral Princess was basically a floating nursing home. I’m on Luminosa now and for Carnival I have never seen so many old and frail people. Outside the theatre there are walkers lined up each day. Also they are really cranky on this cruise.

did a couple of shore excursions and so many people can’t walk or take a basic step in/out of a tender. Poor staff have to deal with it all

of course, one guy literally had the woman’s bum on his shoulder trying to get her out of a boat. 

Hope all the cranky's are off when we get on on Thursday, I am over cranky, impatient, pushy and rude....haha probably shouldn't be cruising😅

And re the older frail, the next generation will be worse, so many over weight younger people on our last cruise, very large girls in g string bikinis🤮...we don't need to see that thanks.

Saw about 3 young people in wheel chairs, obese, huge swollen legs, still stuffing their face with crap.

Very sad.......hey i sound like those cranky people!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Hope all the cranky's are off when we get on on Thursday, I am over cranky, impatient, pushy and rude....haha probably shouldn't be cruising😅

And re the older frail, the next generation will be worse, so many over weight younger people on our last cruise, very large girls in g string bikinis🤮...we don't need to see that thanks.

Saw about 3 young people in wheel chairs, obese, huge swollen legs, still stuffing their face with crap.

Very sad.......hey i sound like those cranky people!!

Hey I agree with you. It’s sad people get themselves into that state. I also don’t want to see some of the things I’ve see on deck from young and old…lol

But I don’t understand the rude attitude especially towards staff who are really not at fault. They didn’t get the best ship and to deal with some people attitude isn’t fair. I don’t know where someone gets off treating people so poorly and being so mean. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Auscruisefam said:

Without wishing to take this thread in a different direction I found there was a lot of very rude and cranky people (old and older) on this cruise (some lovely people too it must be said) . Eating in the "canteen" was quite awful at times.

7 hours ago, Galesa said:

Without wishing to take this thread in a different direction I found there was a lot of very rude and cranky people (old and older) on this cruise (some lovely people too it must be said) . Eating in the "canteen" was quite awful at times.

Well the domestic cruises attract the demographic of very eldery and frail, no flights. Yes, some of us oldies get rude and cranky, thank goodness I do not.

With an ever increaing aged population the attraction of domestic cruising will attract many super oldies.😷🤐

• Like 2

One of our three cruises over November/December the crowd all seemed to be super angry.Everyone that had done B2B2B’s were commenting.  So much so, that I just went to look at something one day and several people yelled at me to get in line, what line I asked and I was only glancing!When we discussed it later we wondered whether it was because there were no passports required on this cruise meaning the age demographics were higher. Just asking?????

Funny Cheryle, sorry TommyH this has really gone off topic, but once on a cruise on the Emerald Princess, Andy and I had just come from the pool area, shorts, tshirts thongs etc. Thought we would wander past the aft restaurant to see what was on the menu tonight before we got back to our cabin.

All the 5pm diners were lined up on the stairs as they do at 4.30pm, one elderly gent pushed his way through to tell us in a loud voice that we won't get into the dining room dressed like that, we would have to go to the buffet haha!! Too funny, some people just can't help themselves.

• Like 2