LIVE Summit Aqua Class Review 3/2 - 3/6

Lena11033

15 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Bring on the disco!!

No thanks....my favorite musical time period was the (I think anyway) amazingly creative and quality folk / rock / progressive and jazz rock and, towards the end of the 70s, new age music - which has greatly influenced my own musical playing style. We've never seen another period like it since. I guess each generation probably thinks that, out of sentimentality, the music of their generation is/was the best! For my Dad, hands down it would have been the big band era, since he was born in the 20s. 

Guest CunucuMom
18 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If I'm ever on a sailing that goes to a charter well after I've booked it, I'm not settling for a replacement or a future cruise credit.

Newbie question...how does one find out if a sailing "goes to a charter?"  I'm also Team Disco but DH was silent when I mentioned there is such a thing.  Can't stand "Sweet Caroline;" I may have to jump ship...literally. 

2 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

Newbie question...how does one find out if a sailing "goes to a charter?"  I'm also Team Disco but DH was silent when I mentioned there is such a thing.  Can't stand "Sweet Caroline;" I may have to jump ship...literally. 

I google the ship and sail date and see what comes up.

There is a website, but I don’t remember what it is.

3 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

Can't stand "Sweet Caroline;" I may have to jump ship...literally. 

LOL!  Seriously....I totally get it, and agree. 

3 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

how does one find out if a sailing "goes to a charter?"

Not sure there is even a way to do that. 

1 hour ago, Buccaneergirl said:

I google the ship and sail date and see what comes up.

Buccaneer girl? Sounds like maybe you would have enjoyed the charter!!  

32 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Buccaneer girl? Sounds like maybe you would have enjoyed the charter!!  

I was on the charter! Lol!

Have you not read my previous posts on this thread or are you just being funny?😆

It was one of my favorite cruises of all time!

My two passions in life are Bucs and cruising, so it was amazing!

I was a well behaved Buc fan.😇🏴‍☠️

1 hour ago, Buccaneergirl said:

Have you not read my previous posts on this thread or are you just being funny?😆

Oops...sorry! Probably did but was mostly focused on what Lena wrote. My bad. Glad you enjoyed!!!  I have absolutely nothing against the Bucs, but admittedly glad Brady is finally done. Not a fan of the guy as much as I respect his accomplishments - how can one not? Should have quit while on top after the last super bowl win. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

9 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

Before the fact, I've heard there's a site to check, but I don't know what it is.

After the fact? You find out when Celebrity or your TA contacts you and says you can't be on that sailing anymore and gives you whatever they're offering to compensate.

38 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm not buying it until at least one full season has gone by and he doesn't play.

LOL....good one. I think you might well be right. Retirement doesn't seem to suit him well, and somehow have trouble picturing him in the broadcast booth. Ever since deflategate and spygate I sort of lost some respect for the GOAT. Guy's a sore loser too. Temper tantrums on the sidelines. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Oops...sorry! Probably did but was mostly focused on what Lena wrote. My bad. Glad you enjoyed!!!  I have absolutely nothing against the Bucs, but admittedly glad Brady is finally done. Not a fan of the guy as much as I respect his accomplishments - how can one not? Should have quit while on top after the last super bowl win. 

No worries!

I was never a Brady fan and it irritates me that people think that it was all because of Brady that we won the SB. He was a piece of the puzzle that helped us win.

It takes a whole team!

My mother bought me a Brady Jersey after the SB win and I just can’t wear it.

I tried to wear it a couple times, but just feel fake and had to take it off.🤪😆

I would have much rather had a Gronk Jersey.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Buccaneergirl said:

I would have much rather had a Gronk Jersey.

He was amazing. Helped in a great way to make Brady achieve the numbers that he did. I thought it was cool how he followed Brady to Tampa Bay. Winning the SB in the first season there was also amazing. 

10 minutes ago, Buccaneergirl said:

My mother bought me a Brady Jersey after the SB win and I just can’t wear it.

LOL....I get it.  My big thing is...I don't like dynasties...in any sport. I like to see a variety of teams get their chance at the big titles. Thus, I was not a Patriots fan. It was like...enough already. Now, I'm starting to feel that way about KC. I'm not a great Eagles fan either, though, so really didn't care much who won this last one. Mahomes is great, but I'm tired of him at this point too. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this up just because I booked a last minute cruise with MSC (it's a Northern Europe route going to Germany, Netherlands and France), so will post some comparisons. I'm looking around at cruise lines and booking right now based on route/pricing that suites me because X is getting up there in price (I do have two more cruises wit X booked next year which I booked for a decent rate before prices really went up).

For comparison, I booked a 8 day/7 night MSC Yacht Club for less than what I paid for a solo room on Beyond to Italy/Greece. This trip wasn't planned I was supposed to be going to a convention but it didn't play out as expected and the cruise was going to cost me the same amount as staying at a hotel in London but drinks and food included - I just needed to get to Southampton which is an easy train route from London.

I've watched some videos online so I know some of people's issues with the line but looking around people have issues with all lines so it's setting your expectations. One thing I've noticed is how Italian it is so if you are not used to certain things from Europe it does seem like this will not be for you (I'm really ok with no small talk with waiters).

Noticed so far

• I did the status matching with MSC so I'm classic with X which worked out as silver with MSC, I did tis first so it gave me a 5% discount on the cruise fare.
  • For website's X wins, MSC website has taken some time to get used to - any time there was an update to my account you couldn't log in. I don't know if it's last minute or you just can't book certain things before hand because 1 thing I see as sold out for Amsterdam but a lot of things just aren't there for prepurchase. Some things like for a massage for example you can buy, but no time to select until on the ship. Because of this I'm going to try to board early to do bookings I want, the docs said I have to board at 2pm only but others have said it doesn't apply to Yacht Club - well as I have to be out of the hotel hours before the boarding time I'm going to try because what am I going to do 
  • Check in, again the website I could do 2/3s then it wouldn't let me do the credit card and told me it was missing - I had to do the credit card part on the app. It said it was optional as you could do it on the first day on the ship but also gave me errors it was missing. Well will see if the credit card shows up when I get my card
  • The app, you can only see your current sailing from the looks of it. You have to enter the information in and brings up that sailing, not like X where you can switch in and out of all your bookings. Also, unless I'm missing is I don't see a deck plan I know there are plans on the ship I did like having it portable in the app so I didn't get lost 😅

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2023 at 7:52 PM, Lena11033 said:

Here we go, I did the first post this morning to get it going

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2927223-live-from-the-msc-virtuosa-47/

Thanks for your live report. I enjoyed reading it. Just curious, how did the cabin work out being right next to that exterior door at the aft on deck 11? Did you get any noise or wall shaking if it closed hard?