UPGRADE

Plantation05

3 minutes ago, Plantation05 said:

Just wondering about deadlines for notification of bids on upgrades. I know what the info says but wondering if because my cruise leaves in 8 days and I haven't heard, perhaps the odds are against me

You don't need an invite.    Even as a Zenith I only get an invite about 15% of the time.  They usually open about 21-60 days prior to cruise.   Just go to link below and put in Reservation # and Last Name.    If you booked with Big Box Store they do not participate

Celebrity MoveUp – Upgrade Offer | Celebrity Cruises

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the responses. I have gone back 3 or for times a day to check. I bid on three different classes. As of right now, they all still say "Pending", and I am able to modify or cancel my bid still. I think it is the waiting that is killing me. I guess I am not a very patient person. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again. Keep your fingers crossed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You don't need an invite.    Even as a Zenith I only get an invite about 15% of the time.  They usually open about 21-60 days prior to cruise.   Just go to link below and put in Reservation # and Last Name.    If you booked with Big Box Store they do not participate

Celebrity MoveUp – Upgrade Offer | Celebrity Cruises

I realize I didn't need an invite, just wondering about response to the bids I put in. I have gone to the website you mentioned 2 or three times a day, to check on the status of my bids and they all say "Pending". Time will tell I guess. thanks for your info.

35 minutes ago, Plantation05 said:

I realize I didn't need an invite, just wondering about response to the bids I put in. I have gone to the website you mentioned 2 or three times a day, to check on the status of my bids and they all say "Pending". Time will tell I guess. thanks for your info.

Check your credit card online. Ours showed a charge from X 2 days before we saw anything from X. In fact we noticed that the cabin number on our reservation changed and never received an email notification from X that our bid was accepted.

1 hour ago, Plantation05 said:

Thanks for all the responses. I have gone back 3 or for times a day to check. I bid on three different classes. As of right now, they all still say "Pending", and I am able to modify or cancel my bid still. I think it is the waiting that is killing me. I guess I am not a very patient person. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again. Keep your fingers crossed.

Our cruise leaves in 8 days too and our bid is still pending with ability to change it. I had an alert that a charge was made on our credit card this morning. Unfortunately, it was my husband getting gas at Walmart. Darn, at least it wasn't a rejection, so there's still hope!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, newtampagirl said:

Our cruise leaves in 8 days too and our bid is still pending with ability to change it. I had an alert that a charge was made on our credit card this morning. Unfortunately, it was my husband getting gas at Walmart. Darn, at least it wasn't a rejection, so there's still hope!

I keep waiting for my two cruises to open up, as there are so many suites left for the second cruise, the one I want to use for MoveUp.  Right now, I could even stay in my same SS.  My TA clled to see if I could work a deal, but the answer was “no deals.”  Celebrity wants almost $16,000 for an 8 day cruise for two...Good luck to you!

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, Plantation05 said:

Good luck.    At least if still pending you are still in the running? 

Have you checked at how many rooms are available?   All mind still say pending but no availability of room currently.