A short review of our Caribbean cruise on the beautiful Enchanted Princess Feb 7-17

curlybelle2

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review on any page!"

curlybelle2 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

First of all, I am not a writer or storyteller but since I always enjoy other reviews, I thought I would give it a try.

This is our first cruise since covid. We were supposed to go last year, but I got covid two days before the cruise. (Actually, it was a long story and big mess.) I was very nervous that something was going to go wrong before we left. I checked our passports, plane tickets, weather conditions, etc. at least a dozen times. I drove my husband crazy.  But everything went fine and embarkment was a breeze.

Embarkment was easy and fast. Our room was ready, so we dropped off our carry-on luggage.  We decided on the buffet for our lunch. The buffet wasn’t too crowded, and the food was good. I was so happy to be on the ship that I didn’t care what I ate. Before we ate, I ran up to the Sanctuary to reserve a lounger but I was too late. While I was in line just four people back, they said they were sold out.  My mistake that I took the time to drop off the luggage and went to the buffet to get my husband and son a table while they got their food. Learn from my mistake. Do not stop for any reason, go straight to the sanctuary!!

The Enchanted is a beautiful ship. Super pretty and clean. We had a deluxe balcony and we loved it. Our room steward was wonderful. He came twice a day. The room was always clean and tidy. We couldn’t ask for anything more. (well, maybe chocolates on my pillow 😊)

The internet was fine. We didn’t use it much just to check emails. The medallion was worked good for us. I like being able to locate where my husband was without walking the whole ship. We did order drinks with the medallion app. It worked most of the time. We had two times it said drinks had been delivered when we never received them. We had the plus drink package that was gifted to us from the PVP. Since we are not drinkers, we would not have purchased the package ourselves. But we did enjoy nice coffee latte in the mornings and pop around the pool.

We ate in both the buffet and main dining room. We found the food very good. The dining room menu was different from our last cruises. We prefer the older menu.  All the deserts were very good. We really enjoyed the international café, especially for breakfast. We always found something we liked. I loved the tiramisu. Sorry I didn’t take pictures.

The entertainment was fantastic. Just super! We really enjoyed the production shows. I think they were the best production show we have ever seen. They were new shows, Rock opera, 5 something and Spotlight Bar.

The singers and dancers were so good. Really, really enjoyed it.  

The only negative thing about this cruise, was the lack of steps going into a pool. We really missed having a pool that you could walk into. All the pools only have ladders to get into the pool itself. I certainly don’t expect all the pools to have walk in steps but at least one pool should have them. It was a real miss from Princess.

We also noticed how friendly and kind the fellow passengers were. We met some wonderful people and enjoyed talking to people from all over the world. The Enchanted Princess is a beautiful ship with a great crew. Anyone who cruises on her will have a great time.

kaye

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So glad you loved it!

We enjoyed sailing on Enchanted last November and I booked a cruise for next year as well.

We didn't use the pools at all, but I could swear the square one behind the buffet (Wake pool? Wake View pool?) was very shallow, so it may have been easier to get into.

23 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

So glad you loved it!

We enjoyed sailing on Enchanted last November and I booked a cruise for next year as well.

We didn't use the pools at all, but I could swear the square one behind the buffet (Wake pool? Wake View pool?) was very shallow, so it may have been easier to get into.

It is

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

that was the only gripe I had last November, but I'll get over it, as long as the food is good. 🙂

It must be staffing issues, the rear dining room had at least a dozen empty tables yet still a long wait to get in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, antsp said:

We sailed on the same cruise, only issue was lines for the dining room and slow slow service 

We ate very early, usually 5:00 to 5:30. We couldn't get reservations, ahead of time, so we were there early in the evening. 

Hope you enjoy the rest of the cruise. 

14 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

We ate very early, usually 5:00 to 5:30. We couldn't get reservations, ahead of time, so we were there early in the evening. 

Hope you enjoy the rest of the cruise. 

And the place was always packed as we leave each evening without an empty table in sight. 

It makes me wonder why people want to wait until that time of night to arrive. Just arriving at 5:30 can make such a big difference in service.