Help with several questions for upcoming Independence of the Seas sailing?

aimcat

Ok guys it has been since 2019 that I have gotten to cruise and we planned a very spur of the moment cruise that leaves next Monday. We just booked it yesterday after missing our cruise the week before due to me having the big C :(. So here goes my questions:

1. When I did check in the only thing available was 1:30. Could we go earlier and get checked in sooner will other times maybe open up?

2. I would really like to get THE KEY but its sold out of course, would more open? 

3. My time dining has no reservations until late...can we still just see the host and ask for a table and get in that way as well? Will times open up as cruise starts, etc?

Thanks in advance for help! 

Boarding. If things are going well I'd bet you can get on a little earlier but I wouldnt push it too much. 

Just get internet if that's what you want. I assume you mean a week from tomorrow. Cant purchase planner items within 2 days before you leave.  

My time starts like 630. Just go when you board and ask for the time you want and see what they can do for you after you board. They work in some during early dining. 

8 minutes ago, aimcat said:

Well my time dining isn’t that when you go whenever you want? 

Yes but it doesnt open online for reservations until 630 pm. When I tried it, 730 was the earliest and I missed my 8 pm show.

I had my ta change all my future bookings to early set time. Carnival my time at 530 opens and you just push a button and the app spits out a time. No standing in line like rcl. Rcl my time imo is terrible and needs to look at carnival for ideas. 

4 hours ago, aimcat said:

Well my time dining isn’t that when you go whenever you want? 

Not exactly.  Reservations are recommended.  You can book a reservation for a different time each night, based on what is available. I book them via the cruise planner ahead of time and then make some adjustments if I can once onboard.  The earliest I've seen is 6:30 or 6:45 depending on the ship, up until 9 pm.   I have seen really long longs for people who show up and don't have a reserved spot, but sometimes even with a reserved My Time spot, there can be quite a wait unless you have one of the later evening spots.