Live from The Beyond, March 5th to 12th

Ripheus

14 hours ago, Moochi said:

Hello fellow Virginian! Don't forget to enter the Pappy lottery next week! 

I like your idea. I might go to different bars or specialty restaurants, and beg nicely to borrow the  nicer glasses for our cabin. The glasses provided in the cabin are basic flutes, no sure if they are Riedel. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, but we can elevate the experience from using a different glass like you said.

There is no need to be at all. You simple order a drink and take it with you.  check the base of the glass to make sure it's not the usual stuff but I believe Celebrity uses Ridel in most bars.  I know they do in the Retreat and also in Luminae. 

P.S. already have a calendar alert for next weeks lottery.

Edited by DaKahuna

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

There is no need to be at all. You simple order a drink and take it with you.  check the base of the glass to make sure it's not the usual stuff but I believe Celebrity uses Ridel in most bars.  I know they do in the Retreat and also in Luminae. 

P.S. already have a calendar alert for next weeks lottery.

Good luck for the lottery, to you and us.

So far I had zero winning in VA ABC lottery in the past years. 🙈

31 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Good luck for the lottery, to you and us.

So far I had zero winning in VA ABC lottery in the past years. 🙈

Good luck to you as well.  My winning streak is the same as yours - non existent. 

We are taking our 1st Beyond cruise in April (tho we have done Edge 2x & Apex--Eclass are my FAV ships) as well as our 1st Retreat cruise and SOO excited--can't wait to see how you both enjoy it!

Edited by KKB

Our anticipation has, I think, reached peak level. Both DW and I are (almost) all packed. Pups are pampered. And the work week is done. Or so I thought. As it turns out, I have to go to a sales meeting tomorrow morning and work up a proposal or two (or five) before I can really start to enjoy my time off. But that's how sales goes, especially for landscapers in the midst of an early Spring. The only thing keeping my anticipation and excitement in check is my absolute exhaustion from getting work things done before I go away. DW, it seems, has the same - though her excitement is still a bit more palpable than my own.

• Like 3

Last sales meeting is done. Breakfast has been eaten. All that's left to do is double check our bags, play with the pups a bit, water the orchids, and go to a baby shower. Then we're off to the airport! Lots more pictures incoming! 

PXL_20230304_153736737.jpg

• Like 1

Ripheus, 

Enjoy your time on Beyond! We have been sailing on her for the last 14 days. It is an outstanding ship. 

I have posted a lot about the ship on a thread 47 days and 3 ships. Take a look since I do mention the specialty dinning and some of the crew. 

We are departing tomorrow to make room for you and heading over to Reflection for a couple of weeks. Maybe we’ll dock somewhere with you!

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

By the way there is a wine tasting held onboard. It was $213 for two but well worth it. 
As at dinner, it really isn’t published.

Cheers! 

Do you happen to have the name of the tasting? We will check it out onboard. Sounds like they are pouring some really nice wine🍷🍷

7 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Do you happen to have the name of the tasting? We will check it out onboard. Sounds like they are pouring some really nice wine🍷🍷

It was just called Premium Wine Tasting. Our wine steward in Fine Cut brought it up. I would ask a wine steward when you go to dinner. 
it was held in Tuscan in the afternoon with some outstanding cheeses. 
The wine selection changes but here are the ones we tasted. 
00A39C56-DF89-4496-8283-DE364CD6C389.thumb.jpeg.621132b74ca371cf54f26a80dee821c9.jpeg

29E86B82-1C1E-4E0B-B70E-AA3C2C5A0781.thumb.jpeg.bc8fee7adc4f435ecb6bca028f023fab.jpeg

4B369D80-2DF9-4D7B-BB51-F43129F554E4.thumb.jpeg.22a9d25d8cc39c59c8ebbbec419133d9.jpeg2D9A08FD-8CA7-49AA-B025-C1B3EDE51F53.thumb.jpeg.95a3f9fd32f3139914b0a7047af9089a.jpeg

3E0ED79F-391E-4B97-815A-29D647D9B692.thumb.jpeg.22a0d6f0299f123787badac87bf15c8c.jpeg

B060A299-AE3C-48F8-B265-D9CAB3811306.thumb.jpeg.bae86b5a5c3f20b5e1901aa06afbe093.jpeg

The pours are nice and there is more given. 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, countess5 said:

By the way there is a wine tasting held onboard. It was $213 for two but well worth it. 
As at dinner, it really isn’t published.

We are signed up for the Food & Wine Paring Workshop but that's totally different.  Not seeing anything currently offered for our upcoming cruise at that price range. 

Edited by DaKahuna

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

It was just called Premium Wine Tasting. Our wine steward in Fine Cut brought it up. I would ask a wine steward when you go to dinner. 
it was held in Tuscan in the afternoon with some outstanding cheeses. 
The wine selection changes but here are the ones we tasted. 

The pours are nice and there is more given. 

Cheers! 

Thank you so much for the info! The pours are very generous for tastings, and some of the wines look fantastic! We will talk to someone about it once onboard.

We have been catching up your post and so far really enjoyed it. Thank you very much for sharing. 

2 minutes ago, boyma4 said:

Question about wine-can it be out in your checked luggage or do you have to carry it on?  Best I can tell sounds like checker is okay to take on ship. 

The rules state it is to be in your carry on.  

We finally made it to Florida. Had a very long wait for our Uber and then a very fast drive to our night at the Renaissance - Plantation. We're wrapping up for the night but will be back to document embarkation tomorrow. 

• Like 2

@Ripheus is snoring next to me. It has been a long day for him. Got up early to work in the morning, drove through the terrible northern Virginia traffic to the baby shower, spent three hours in the tiny uncomfortable aeroplane seat, and now have to sleep without our puppies. On top to that, one of his foot has been hurting from wearing steel toe safety boots for too long, and the pain got really bad on the aeroplane. Hope Advil and plenty of alcohol can help him during the cruise!

We are staying at Renaissance Ft Lauderdale West for the night. It is a 15-20 minutes ride away from the pier or airport, but $150 cheaper than a hotel on Las Olas Blvd. The hotel was recently remodeled, and looks clean and stylish. I like the brass accents in the bedroom, and matte black hardware in the bathroom. I uploaded a picture of the shower. Cute fixture, great bath amenities, and someone did a very nice job installing the tiles on the wall. Best part of the room is, there are power outlets and USB posts everywhere! Very convenient to charge electronics or doing some work. 99018762-864A-4972-B212-EEAD78532A7A.thumb.jpeg.44e83ab9e83bf07d5f18be26718a7576.jpeg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Following.  We have sailed on the edge and apex  want to try the beyond soon

Beyond is a beautiful ship and the food is excellent.  Staff is a nice mix of experienced staff and new hires.    You should hope to get a quiet room without any creaking in the walls and ceilings.  Or bring along ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones. 

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Beyond is a beautiful ship and the food is excellent.  Staff is a nice mix of experienced staff and new hires.    You should hope to get a quiet room without any creaking in the walls and ceilings.  Or bring along ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones. 

We typically book a sky suite, mid ship.  Enjoy the suite amenities