NCL Stockholder OBC question- (new to this)

Jetswdo

I just had the $100 OBC credit added to a cruise for next year---- I just noticed that $50 was put under my name and $50 under my husband's name.  I wanted to use the whole credit for a spa massage, booking once onboard.  I thought it would just show $100 added to the cabin, not the individual person,  So what I am asking is if no credit is used before the massage, will I be able to use $100 or just $50?  I hope what I am asking makes sense.  Thanks.

You are in the same cabin right?  Your bill is calculated for the cabin, so, the cabin has a $100 credit.  When you get your massage, the cabin will be charged $X and your $100OBC will be applied towards the $X for the massage.

Not sure why NCL do this but (happens to me all the time) but once you set up your account on board it is all calculated as one cabin, one account. Just make sure you and your husband use the same credit card otherwise it may end up as two accounts.

That is how it's done.  I took a cruise with a good friend and she had half my stockholders OBC.  It kind of blows my mind really.  I'm the one losing all the money with these stocks not my bff.  LOL!  Just make your husband give you $50.  There even. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WickedRed said:

I'm the one losing all the money with these stocks not my bff.  LOL! 

NCLH is up 2.16% today!!  I only follow the price as a goof.  I bought the 100 shares at around $16, then it dropped to around $12.  Then back up over $17.  Now back around $16.

That said, I've already taken one cruise with the benefit and have it applied to many more over the next three years.  It will be impossible for me to lose on NCLH. 😎

I knew at about what age we'd be able to cruise more, both time and money-wise. My husband and I love NCL, so in March 2020, when the market crashed, I bought 100 shares and crossed my fingers that NCL doesn't go bankrupt before I can do a few cruises. It's good to know about the way it looks split in the cabin. We'll make sure to use only one credit card.

2 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

I knew at about what age we'd be able to cruise more, both time and money-wise. My husband and I love NCL, so in March 2020, when the market crashed, I bought 100 shares and crossed my fingers that NCL doesn't go bankrupt before I can do a few cruises. It's good to know about the way it looks split in the cabin. We'll make sure to use only one credit card.

Make sure they have you set up for a single account at check-in. 

FYSA: I submitted a request late Friday and got the credit this morning. So, that's about 1/2 business day. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the responses.  I wonder why then the $100 isn't just written as $100 obc  cabin credit?  Weird to me!  But yes we always just use one credit card for all charges. I'll just double check on board when it isn't busy at guest services--- We are only doing a few shore excursions from NCL which we prepay before we board. Since this is not refundable obc, I just want to make sure that all the $100 "free" money is actually used.

1 hour ago, geckobabe said:

I'm also new to the stockholder's benefit. How far in advance of a cruise can you apply for it?

Thanks!

I don't know of a specified limit.  I can tell you that I have applied as early as 11 months in advance of the scheduled cruise.  At the time I applied it was taking about two weeks to process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1