Dyson Air Wrap on Uniworld River Queen?

bubbulz

Anyone know if it is even possible to use an Air Wrap onboard? I don’t typically use a blow dryer. I know there is at least one 110 outlet in the cabin, but I’m not sure if Air Wraps are allowed, or whether they are compatible for use onboard. Not a huge deal, but I don’t want to take it unless I’ll be able to use it.

@chengkp75 I am hoping chengkp75 can respond. He has a lot of experience on ships (not sure about river ships) and can probably answer.

I have read posts about Dyson blow dryers don't work on a lot of ships so I have not brought mine. I am guessing Dyson blow dryers and wraps use the same power.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Scenic have nothing in their small print apart from all ships i.e. cabins have hairdryers and are 220v. 
email Uniworld and ask there are only two answers!

The Dyson products are different than other products - whoever answers the emails may not know the difference. Thus, real experience is probably better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Yes I suppose we are so used to Dyson products we just accept them. Their development facility is really not that far from us and James D is quite often stirring things up especially when he is still pushing for expansion in the Bath area.

I just know after several reports - I didn't bring my hair dryer (with the massive power supply) on my last several cruises. I know that @chengkp75 is familiar with the outlets and why Dyson products are problematic/unique. I was hoping he would find this thread.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I just know after several reports - I didn't bring my hair dryer (with the massive power supply) on my last several cruises. I know that @chengkp75 is familiar with the outlets and why Dyson products are problematic/unique. I was hoping he would find this thread.

It's always good to send out the 'bat signal' [as you did], to catch his attention and get good advice on issues like this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Coral said:

Not related to river cruising but here is a discussion on this:

Interesting reading… Thank you so much for posting this. The Air Wrap wouldn’t take up too much space but I’m more concerned about damaging it permanently. I think I will stick with the hairdryer provided in the cabin. 😉

32 minutes ago, bubbulz said:

Interesting reading… Thank you so much for posting this. The Air Wrap wouldn’t take up too much space but I’m more concerned about damaging it permanently. I think I will stick with the hairdryer provided in the cabin. 😉

I completely forgot about the statement to only use it in the country where you bought it.

https://community.dyson.com/maintaining-your-machine-129/dyson-airwrap-us-model-doesn-t-work-in-europe-760 

• Like 2

All these different voltages sockets & plugs I knew there was a reason, slightly increased sales. You nudged my memory on our first US trip plus daughters we had to buy a hairdryer, three girls long hair pool every day (every motel had to have a pool) DH being folicaly challenged wasn’t worried, we gave the hairdryer to the very accommodating pool guy at our last hotel.

16 hours ago, Canal archive said:

All these different voltages sockets & plugs I knew there was a reason, slightly increased sales. You nudged my memory on our first US trip plus daughters we had to buy a hairdryer, three girls long hair pool every day (every motel had to have a pool) DH being folicaly challenged wasn’t worried, we gave the hairdryer to the very accommodating pool guy at our last hotel.

Our son is a very light sleeper. On a fly/drive trip to Ireland we had to find a fan to make white noise for him — 220 volt, so we gave it to the landlady at the last b&b. 

DH reminded me we went through the same thing again two years later, return to the States enfamalie  (no regrets there) again first thing to purchase - hairdryer, this one we donated to our last motel, the staff said it would be useful as they didn’t supply them and it was the most forgotten item. You couldn’t do that now, too many regulations on electrical appliances.

Edited by Canal archive

We’ve just purchased a new plug adapter for our use and, don’t know why our grown up daughters. This is our first new one for many years and the instructions clearly state not to be used for hair dryers, I know some cruise lines do have US sockets but I’d still be wary.