Celebrity Newbie

LuckyStar

Hi, All,

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise for June.  I booked through a third party but am able to log in to Celebrity to book excursions, etc,. but I am accustomed to filling out pre-boarding information on other cruise lines (passport info, credit card info) but am wondering if on Celebrity it is not available until closer to sailing when checking in?

Jenny

24 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

Hi, All,

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise for June.  I booked through a third party but am able to log in to Celebrity to book excursions, etc,. but I am accustomed to filling out pre-boarding information on other cruise lines (passport info, credit card info) but am wondering if on Celebrity it is not available until closer to sailing when checking in?

Jenny

Never mind. Misread the question.   

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

Hi, All,

Jenny

That is correct. Approximately 45 days prior too your sailing date you will be able to check in for your cruise and at that time you can select your port arrival time, fill out passport information, etc.  

If you look at your booking on line it will let you know when it will open for CheckIn   The App will also show the checkin date.

My April 15 opens for CheckIn tomorrow -  Exactly 45 days out.    I have seen it  open a day or two earlier and a couple days later.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

That is correct. Approximately 45 days prior too your sailing date you will be able to check in for your cruise and at that time you can select your port arrival time, fill out passport information, etc.  

Thank you!  

While it is easier to put all the info in from the website, you have to put in personal info, passport and credit card before selecting your port arrival time.  On the app you can go directly to that and fill in the other info later from the website.  Earliest time will be about 11am.  Checkin generally starts at midnight of 45 days before cruise where the ship will be.  So it began for 15 April Fort Lauderdale sailing at midnight east coast time last night (28 Feb).

Some ports check your arrival time when you arrive at the terminal, some don't.  Some only care if there is a line forming.

10 hours ago, LeeW said:

While it is easier to put all the info in from the website, you have to put in personal info, passport and credit card before selecting your port arrival time.  On the app you can go directly to that and fill in the other info later from the website.  Earliest time will be about 11am.  Checkin generally starts at midnight of 45 days before cruise where the ship will be.  So it began for 15 April Fort Lauderdale sailing at midnight east coast time last night (28 Feb).

Some ports check your arrival time when you arrive at the terminal, some don't.  Some only care if there is a line forming.

Using the app to check in was extremely fast and efficient. It scans your passport and inputs all of the basic information for you. It’s so much easier these days. I may have had to enter my home address. 

Our experience about checking in "roughly 45 days before" is a bit different. Our next cruise, which we booked last year, departs March 27 but we could only first check-in on February 25.

The same thing happened for our cruise last autumn, which was our first. For that one, the check-in window as actually shorter, and I was worried as h*ll 😨

Just FYI, and I hope your cruise is awesome @LuckyStar!

cjr

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

Our experience about checking in "roughly 45 days before" is a bit different. Our next cruise, which we booked last year, departs March 27 but we could only first check-in on February 25.

The same thing happened for our cruise last autumn, which was our first. For that one, the check-in window as actually shorter, and I was worried as h*ll 😨

For a while upon restart check-in was a little odd. Most of them were at the 30 day mark, which soon expanded to 45 days. This was true for RCL also, so I assume it was the same across all of RCG. Are the cruises you have with 30 day or less check-in times short (3-5 days)? Your March 27 that opened Feb 25 is right at 30 days. I'm just wondering if the short cruises are still using a shorter window.

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Are the cruises you have with 30 day or less check-in times short (3-5 days)? Your March 27 that opened Feb 25 is right at 30 days. I'm just wondering if the short cruises are still using a shorter window.

Actually, both cruises are longer: 13 and 11 nights.

I really expected we could check-in sooner on this upcoming trip because we booked it last year. Based on the first cruise experience, though, and as I suggested in an earlier post, I didn't stress about it this time.

cjr

15 hours ago, CNSfromHI said:

Actually, both cruises are longer: 13 and 11 nights.

Yeah, quite odd. I wonder if those are unique itineraries that require a little more manual computer imput that the typical reoccurring ones.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:07 AM, CNSfromHI said:

cjr

That's good information to know.  I feel better knowing that I will need to wait. 

• Like 1