Serenity Aquamarine Suite 10001?

FloatSomeMore

We are considering booking a Christmas cruise on Serenity and this suite was quoted.  It appears to be directly under the bridge and the side looks like it is half open.  Motion does not bother us but we are somewhat concerned about proximity to the bridge (footsteps above?) and the balcony view would be different from what we have enjoyed in the past.  We have our agent checking on other options but we value the experience of past Crystal cruisers.  Any input?

What do you mean by "the side looks like it is half open"?

I wouldn't be too worried about bridge noise any more than noise from guest rooms directly above, but I have no direct experience in those rooms.

19 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Is this just down the hall from 1010??

😀

(Asking for a curious friend)

Just looked at the old Crystal deck plans and it is odd that I do not see 10010.  The numbers go 10002, 006,008, 0012.

6 minutes ago, nnn said:

What do you mean by "the side looks like it is half open"?

I wouldn't be too worried about bridge noise any more than noise from guest rooms directly above, but I have no direct experience in those rooms.

When looking at photos of Serenity, it appears that the balcony is half steel? and balconies further toward the middle of the ship are more open.  Of course this is pre-renovation.

I don't think the bridge will cause you much disturbance. The crew all wear soft soled shoes and they dance very quietly.🤣 It's been a few years since we were in one of those forward rooms but the verandas were bigger than further down the deck. I think we were 10003 or so.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FloatSomeMore said:

When looking at photos of Serenity, it appears that the balcony is half steel? and balconies further toward the middle of the ship are more open.  Of course this is pre-renovation.

Right, those forward and aft rooms have bigger balconies, but the railing is also thicker.  You can see it in the external photos of the ship.  I doubt that's changing in the reno.

7 hours ago, FloatSomeMore said:

We are considering booking a Christmas cruise on Serenity and this suite was quoted.  It appears to be directly under the bridge and the side looks like it is half open.  Motion does not bother us but we are somewhat concerned about proximity to the bridge (footsteps above?) and the balcony view would be different from what we have enjoyed in the past.  We have our agent checking on other options but we value the experience of past Crystal cruisers.  Any input?

I would have no concerns about bridge noise.  

This will be one of the new suites.  Your verandah will be deeper than most which is a plus and I would not be concerned about the view.  

I see two cons with the room:

The first one you said you would be OK with and that is motion as In rough seas you will have a lot of motion being on a higher deck and all the way forward.

The second is simply a greater distance to walk to get to areas such a Marketplace.

Keith

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, Whipsnade said:

Worst cabin on board. 

Thank you for your input.  We decided against a holiday cruise and will sail Crystal another time especially after all of the recent great reviews.  Would you provide additional comments on this stateroom for future reference?

All the way forward on a top deck means a lot of unpleasant motion. Also a long walk to get to any if tve venues except main lounge or bar. Look for a cabin closer to midship elevators. Most convenient. We have been on 100 cruises at least 50 on Crystal. 

Been in #7016. Furthest forward cabin we've ever been on a Crystal ship. Felt every bump, wave, roll and pitch. I would not even guess the additional movement up on deck 10, even further forward. Then again, some do enjoy the roller-coaster-ride-at-sea. We'd never book a room forward of the forward stairs; too bumpy.

Rob