Seascape - Top 19 Solarium (Aurera Only Question)

surfjock27

On Seascape in 2 weeks, first time on MSC.
We paid a bit extra for the Aurera amenities, but aren't balling on the YC budget, LOL.

I've seen some posts lately about lots of YC outsiders in the YC only areas, and that would irritate me also, since you pay a bit more for the privacy.
With that said, is the Top 19 only accessible with a room card (or similar)? If not, what prevents Non Aurera guests from monopolizing that area?

We are hoping for a quiet space and the ability to use a hot tub every once in a while, but don't want to have our spots occupied by people who didn't pay for the amenities. 

Thanks in advance!

Entry to the Top19 is much better controlled. There is only one open entrance and there is a staff member at this entrance who checks the access authorisation. So sneaking behind another guest is not possible.
But here, too, access for non-Aurea guests is officially sold. I've even seen an official display with prices and conditions (unfortunately I didn't take a photo and forgot the price).
But since there is nothing special there (apart from the relative peace and quiet) that you wouldn't find anywhere else, it was never crowded during my travels. So thumbs up from me.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 9:37 AM, LiquidWu said:

Entry to the Top19 is much better controlled. There is only one open entrance and there is a staff member at this entrance who checks the access authorisation. So sneaking behind another guest is not possible.
But here, too, access for non-Aurea guests is officially sold. I've even seen an official display with prices and conditions (unfortunately I didn't take a photo and forgot the price).
But since there is nothing special there (apart from the relative peace and quiet) that you wouldn't find anywhere else, it was never crowded during my travels. So thumbs up from me.

Had anyone else seen this? The selling of entrance into Top 19? How much was it sold for? I'm looking at the math for purchasing the Aurea experience and am wondering the individual costs that play into the higher price for that experience. Thanks

The MSC website used to show show Top19 as being free to Aurea Experience customers and available for purchase to others. Back then, I remember seing that sign showing prices. However, around two years ago, that was changed to showing Top19 as being "exclusively" for Aurea Experience customers and I did not see that sign during my most recent cruise. My understanding is that access to Top19 is no longer being sold.

3 hours ago, actuarian said:

The MSC website used to show show Top19 as being free to Aurea Experience customers and available for purchase to others. Back then, I remember seing that sign showing prices. However, around two years ago, that was changed to showing Top19 as being "exclusively" for Aurea Experience customers and I did not see that sign during my most recent cruise. My understanding is that access to Top19 is no longer being sold.

That could be that I have already seen this sign in 2019. Time flies so fast. I found a similar one here in the forum from the beginning of 2020.
image.thumb.png.721d7182d0e7ba6a65084d1e86239586.png

On 3/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, LiquidWu said:

That could be that I have already seen this sign in 2019. Time flies so fast. I found a similar one here in the forum from the beginning of 2020.
image.thumb.png.721d7182d0e7ba6a65084d1e86239586.png

You have to pay for seating when you've already paid a higher cost to have access to the area?

Do Aurea and YC share Top 19? Pool space/hut tubs? Confused about the setup on the Seashore. Have only been on Meraviglia. On Meraviglia there was a small pool and hot tub in a covered area, and the buffet and bar were off to the side. Is the Aurea Bar the YC bar? I’ve looked at deck plans and can’t figure it out. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, blueslily said:

You have to pay for seating when you've already paid a higher cost to have access to the area?

Aurea experience cruisers never had to pay for the use of Top 19 or for seating there. However, MSC used to allow Bella and Fantastica experience cruisers to pay to use Top 19.  I am pretty sure that this option is no longer available. The only cruisers who are admitted to Top 19 are Aurea Experience cruisers and, on some ships, Yacht Club members.  I do not think Yacht Club members are really supposed to use Top 19 since they have their own sundeck. However, on some ships, Yacht Club members can simply walk through from the Yacht Club sundeck to Top 19 (but not the other way).

On 3/22/2023 at 9:31 AM, actuarian said:

Aurea experience cruisers never had to pay for the use of Top 19 or for seating there. However, MSC used to allow Bella and Fantastica experience cruisers to pay to use Top 19.  I am pretty sure that this option is no longer available. The only cruisers who are admitted to Top 19 are Aurea Experience cruisers and, on some ships, Yacht Club members.  I do not think Yacht Club members are really supposed to use Top 19 since they have their own sundeck. However, on some ships, Yacht Club members can simply walk through from the Yacht Club sundeck to Top 19 (but not the other way).

Yes on Seaside I would regularly leave YC through a door which leads into Aurea. There is a glass divider with a door, which seperates Aurea and YC on right side of ship.... which YC passengers have code access to

Entry to the Top19 is much better controlled

My experience was the exact opposite. We entered the area and ordered a drink at the bar on Seashore. Nobody questioned us, stopped us, or asked for proof of authorization to be there. Agree that the space was very underutilized so maybe nobody cared?  We were YC guests but nobody knew that bc nobody asked. Moral of story, I think it’s hit and miss. After all, most people are not looking for a confrontation. 

43 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My experience was the exact opposite. We entered the area and ordered a drink at the bar on Seashore. Nobody questioned us, stopped us, or asked for proof of authorization to be there. Agree that the space was very underutilized so maybe nobody cared?  We were YC guests but nobody knew that bc nobody asked. Moral of story, I think it’s hit and miss. After all, most people are not looking for a confrontation. 

YC guests have access to the Aurea space.

16 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, I know. My point is/was nobody asked me about my room category and so nobody knew if I was YC or Bella. 

Oh, I thought there was some way that staff knew who was in the Yacht Club without having to ask. 

7 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yes, I know. My point is/was nobody asked me about my room category and so nobody knew if I was YC or Bella. 

Getting a drink at the bar lets them know you’re a YC guest. They maybe had no clue up until that point, but all was good from there on. Also the access door should have required a key card.