DRINK PACKAGE IN SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS

LegalRN

25 minutes ago, LegalRN said:

Are the specialty restaurants excluded from the drink package?

No, my cocktail at Tamarind and wine at Pinnacle were included. I think I went over the price limit at Pinnacle, so I had a charge for $2 plus gratuity. 

I think the only exclusion is HMC.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

No, my cocktail at Tamarind and wine at Pinnacle were included. I think I went over the price limit at Pinnacle, so I had a charge for $2 plus gratuity. 

I'll second that.  Our drink package was able to be used at all specialty restaurants we used on our Dec 2022 cruise, HMC purchases were not included.  You still present your cruise card at HMC to buy drinks, they just are for-fee drinks versus included in the packages.  The only exceptions are HMC cabana packages that include certain drinks.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 5:06 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

What is HMC? I'm new to HAL. TIA!

On 3/4/2023 at 2:06 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I understood that if you order a drink that goes over the $11 limit you have to pay the whole price, not just the difference.  I’m really hoping I’m wrong lol.

5 minutes ago, pizzadog said:

I understood that if you order a drink that goes over the $11 limit you have to pay the whole price, not just the difference.  I’m really hoping I’m wrong lol.

That used to be the policy but they've changed it recently. 

On 3/4/2023 at 3:06 PM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Mini bar also, pretty sure

6 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

Mini bar also, pretty sure

Yes the mini bars in your cabin are not included in drinks package. But we have in the past been able to have a drink delivered with our room service orders, like a bloody Mary with breakfast at least it was on the Oosterdam last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, terrydtx said:

drink delivered with our room service orders

I had a couple beers delivered with room service and they were charged even though I had the beverage package.  This was Rotterdam in November 2022.

From HAL website:

"The packages exclude purchases made in the Mini Bar, Honor Bar, Chocolate Seduction, Room Service Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay and any self-service draft beer. Freestyle Coca-Cola is only available on Rotterdam, Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam."

~Nancy