(FYI) NYC Cruise Parking rates going up April 1, 2023 - MCT and BCT to $45 daily

mking8288

I'm just the "messenger" for this announcement, while looking things up for fellow CC'er on an upcoming roll call.  Rumor already confirmed recently - thanks to another CC'er that Brooklyn C.T. in Red Hook are raising their daily rate (all inclusive, taxes included & no surcharges for SUV, van, pickup truck, "stealth campers ... LOL, just kidding, maybe not" that it is going up next month.  Sure enough - sorry for this news, but I was afraid this is coming along at the same time, everything else like the cruise lines DSC have been raised and going up - this is inevitable (last increase was July 2017, almost 6 years ago).  Even in the outer boroughs, including Queens, parking rates have skyrocketed everywhere else - cruise terminal parking is pricey but still ... 

Not an April fool's joke - but it is going up, officially announced - on April 1, 2023 - less than a month from now.  Happy, safe & healthy cruising to all - cheers. 

The new rate is $45 daily (overnight rates) and no cash accepted.  **** It is assumed that the max parking charge for longer cruise will be limited to $450 for 10 days and longer, to be confirmed or verified - please call them directly.  

https://nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

https://nycruise.com/brooklyn-terminal/parking/

P.S. - since I'm here, a few recent photos of MCT / Pier 88 and 90 with overviews of rooftop parking areas, looking across 12th Avenue toward Pier 88 ... as a general reference for those new to the cruise pier area.  

Collage_2022-12-09_00_15_50.jpg

Collage_2022-12-09_00_41_16.jpg

Collage_2022-12-10_11_43_15.jpg

Collage_2022-12-09_00_42_58.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

The new rate is $45 daily (overnight rates) and no cash accepted.  **** It is assumed that the max parking charge for longer cruise will be limited to $450 for 10 days and longer,

I'm assuming that isn't going to be the case because formerly the website made specific mention of the maximum charge for up to xx days. Also the number of days that you could park for the maximum (then $400) charge got reduced from 30 to 14 days a couple of years ago.

BTW, the website says cash is accepted in Brooklyn, but not in Manhattan. Brooklyn also accepts AMEX but Manhattan only accepts MC and Visa. I believe the Manhattan parking facility is operated directly by port manager Ports America while the Brooklyn parking facility is subcontracted out to a company named Propark, which would explain the differences in forms of payment are accepted.

35 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I'm assuming that isn't going to be the case because formerly the website made specific mention of the maximum charge for up to xx days.

Thanks. Good point, hence - let's just leave it as "please call MCT and BCT directly" for those planning to park there for an extended period of time, i.e. 11 or 12 days and longer, etc.

We haven't parked above Pier 88/90 in a while ... and it was $20 a day then, long ... long time ago.

JFK AirTrain prices also went up by a quarter this month, to $8.25 per trip - not a big deal, unrelated.   

Lucked out and found a family member to chauffer me for the Brooklyn cruise. $315 for a 7 day cruise, yikes. Bigger yikes for November out of Manhattan - 10 days for $450 vs the $454 I paid total for the cruise itself. I'll probably  be going to do the ferry route, hoping the new ferry opens on time in South Amboy instead of Weehawkin.

Edited by sammee
incomplete sentence
  • Like 1